Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England at the World Cup

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Joe Hart (will prove himself to be better than Green, Foster and Jimbo this season)
Glen Johnson (Best right back in the world, apart from Sergio Ramos who can also defend)
Ashley Cole (No brainer)
Rio Ferdinand (Another no brainer)
John Terry (Captain magnifique)
Aaron Lennon (ANYONE but Shaun Wright-Phillips)
Stewart Downing (Natural width and I think he's brilliant)
Gareth Barry (Naturally gifted in the centre and gives good balance)
Frank Lampard (The best English midfielder)
Wayne Rooney (Obviously)
Carlton Cole (If we have to have the bulldozer, it HAS to be Cole rather than Heskey, he has more skill. But just as hopeless in front of goal)

:dasreich:

Glenn Johnson 2'nd best right back in the world, better than Maicon, Dani Alves, Zambrotta & Boswinga?

Stewart Downing - :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
James for Green, Ferdinand for Upson

There's still the possibility of Joe Cole or Theo Walcott making the starting 11, and plenty of other options for cover. Although I believe Rooney is incredibly important to our chances, if he was injured, I could see Capello geting a good response out of Heskey/Defoe or Carlton Cole/Defoe.

I don't agree with you. That was always the worry, but I'd feel confident of being competitive even without him.

HE CAN EASIL;Y SLIP dEFOE INTO THAT ROLE AND WHAT IS GOOD NOW ABOUT THIS eNGLAND SIDE,

IS THAT Gerrard, Lampard et al are also scoring goals.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
HE CAN EASIL;Y SLIP dEFOE INTO THAT ROLE AND WHAT IS GOOD NOW ABOUT THIS eNGLAND SIDE,

IS THAT Gerrard, Lampard et al are also scoring goals.

Halfway through the post before realising your lunch was resting on the CAPS LOCK eh ? We've all been there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here