Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England at the World Cup

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
Joe Hart (will prove himself to be better than Green, Foster and Jimbo this season)
Glen Johnson (Best right back in the world, apart from Sergio Ramos who can also defend)
Ashley Cole (No brainer)
Rio Ferdinand (Another no brainer)
John Terry (Captain magnifique)
Aaron Lennon (ANYONE but Shaun Wright-Phillips)
Stewart Downing (Natural width and I think he's brilliant)
Gareth Barry (Naturally gifted in the centre and gives good balance)
Frank Lampard (The best English midfielder)
Wayne Rooney (Obviously)
Carlton Cole (If we have to have the bulldozer, it HAS to be Cole rather than Heskey, he has more skill. But just as hopeless in front of goal)

I would have Lampard over Gerrard, but I think Gerrard could play in behind Rooney the way he plays for Liverpool, I think that would get the most out of him, but not the best for Rooney nor Lampard. I think in a 4-4-2, Lampard is the best option.

Downing in for Gerrard are u crazy ??????????????, i would rather have a half fit Gerrard then downing, u must be the only person in the whole of england who would have Downing instead of Gerrard, Downing will struggle make the squad, and Johnson the best right back in the world apart from Sergio Ramos do behave.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I hope the friendlies will be used for carlton cole and defoe partnership, as this can replace rooney if he is injured. also, no need for defoe crouch pship upfront tbh, as that will be done at spurs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why? We have a manager who has a plan B and maybe even a plan c and d. This is unusual but it will benefit us.

Nah, just play Gerrard in his position and put Joe Cole on the left.

I don't agree with you. That was always the worry, but I'd feel confident of being competitive even without him.

We're far from being a one man team of course, but I just don't think we've got a forward/playmaker like him. So much of our attacking play is channelled through Rooney - when he's on song he has that ability to drop back and orchestrate everything around him, he's so strong on the ball. And its those deft, perfectly weighted subtle passes he is able to see and perform so early, as well as his obvious power in the box.

No he's a hell of a player to try to replace. The whole team has to play differently without him, and I'm not saying Capello wouldn't find a way, but I can't see us being as effective going forward without him.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
We're far from being a one man team of course, but I just don't think we've got a forward/playmaker like him. So much of our attacking play is channelled through Rooney - when he's on song he has that ability to drop back and orchestrate everything around him, he's so strong on the ball. And its those deft, perfectly weighted subtle passes he is able to see and perform so early, as well as his obvious power in the box.

No he's a hell of a player to try to replace. The whole team has to play differently without him, and I'm not saying Capello wouldn't find a way, but I can't see us being as effective going forward without him.

Gerrard can play his role just as effective in a slightly different style. Just wish Gerrard would ping the ball more often.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
Rooney has been poor and we still won 8. I'd be more worried about the goals from midfield drying up. We really are missing a top class striker.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
would stick with last nights team with rio in and whoever is playing best out of all of the goalies between the sticks, and whoever is playing best out of carlton cole and heskey to partner rooney, with defoe coming on in the second half.
if capello still works his magic, no reason why we cant win the world cup

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Glen johnson,2nd best in the world,rubbish!!! He can not defend,he is ok going forward but Micah Richards is better going forward and he can defend!!! Johnson will make errors

Richards better than Johnson at the moment? :wrong: Also I would like to add Johnson is only going to improve defensively under Benitez.

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
Rooney has been poor and we still won 8. I'd be more worried about the goals from midfield drying up. We really are missing a top class striker.

are being serious ? surely you cant be ???

Rooney has been rubbish are u mad , u must be .

Rooney is the leading scorer in Europe in qualifers and think how many good strikers there is Torres, Villa to name some.
Rooney has been in the form of his life and is the main reason why weve won 8 out of 8. England with Rooney have a very good chance of winning the world cup, England without imo would make quarters at best. He is the main man.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
are being serious ? surely you cant be ???

Rooney has been rubbish are u mad , u must be .

Rooney is the leading scorer in Europe in qualifers and think how many good strikers there is Torres, Villa to name some.
Rooney has been in the form of his life and is the main reason why weve won 8 out of 8. England with Rooney have a very good chance of winning the world cup, England without imo would make quarters at best. He is the main man.

give me an inform striker over the alan smith impersonator.

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
He's been in form recently. But the last 5 years where did you get that from?

scored over 100 goals

Won 3 prems in a row, got to 2 champions league finals in a row, gives 100% every time ok hes been over shadowed by Ronaldo the past few seasons , but a lot of United success has been down to Rooney.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007

11 goals in his last 12 England matches. 5 goals in 5 for Man Utd ??? :jester:

:mendoza:

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
scored over 100 goals

Won 3 prems in a row, got to 2 champions league finals in a row, gives 100% every time ok hes been over shadowed by Ronaldo the past few seasons , but a lot of United success has been down to Rooney.

Has anyone been in form for 5 years that is near impossible, but I see what you meant. By the way stats don't always show everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here