Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty seats at Palace game

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Sure. And I'm free to form my personal opinion of someone who opts for pub food over supporting "his" football team against their biggest rivals whom they've just beaten.

Yeah the FOOD is why I'm not going. Maybe I'd rather watch it with a couple of mates and some beers than in a shit stand on my own? The last home game against them hardly inspired me to go to the this one either.

TONY

Jul 27, 2004
HANTS
Simply the potential of us 'doing the double' over them this season should be enough for most fans to shell out for this game.

I appreciate people have limited budgets but this is the scum we're talking about.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Well that should be a good day in Sheffield. Wee bit of an early start, but a few bottles of Moet on the train. Then try and work our way through the bottled beer selection in the Devonshire. Sod the game...

At least we can have a good feed up in Buddies and beer before we leave. I wonder if the stickers will stay up in the Devonshire this year.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Thing is that there are tickets on sale and no one wants them. Also you have to already be on the database, so that is excluding loads of people I know that haven't gone before but would love to go to this one. The club are excluding the ordinary joe in the street and I just hope they don't do that at Falmer. If they make it really difficult to get tickets then the attendances will be down on what they should be. Some people don't want to apply 2 weeks in advance for a game.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
At least we can have a good feed up in Buddies and beer before we leave. I wonder if the stickers will stay up in the Devonshire this year.

Meet in Buddies at 4am, Buddy Buster, couple of pints, 0524 to Kings Cross and then off to Sheffield.

We might even have the flag for this one, if Alan gets off his bearded arse and sends me that logo.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
mona said:
There are plenty of NSCers who can't be arsed to go to home games. They prefer their money to go to other clubs. If there are empty places in the south stand centre block, the excuse of it being a lousy view won't wash either.
Falmer sell outs ????

i think falmer is likely to be a little nicer than withdean.

TONY

Jul 27, 2004
HANTS
i think its unlimited how many tickets you can buy if your on the database so perhaps those on the database could be nice to those who aren't but want to go.
I bought 4 tickets yesterday morning from the surly lady in the office for some mates.

:thumbsup:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
TONY said:
i think its unlimited how many tickets you can buy if your on the database so perhaps those on the database could be nice to those who aren't but want to go.
I bought 4 tickets yesterday morning from the surly lady in the office for some mates.

The ticketing policy is terrible. The fact that you can go and buy tickets for people defeats the object of just allowing tickets to those on the database. They don't know who is receiving the tickets.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Meet in Buddies at 4am, Buddy Buster, couple of pints, 0524 to Kings Cross and then off to Sheffield.

We might even have the flag for this one, if Alan gets off his bearded arse and sends me that logo.

Sounds good!

Alan needs to sort that out, have we paid for the flag yet or not? I can't remember if I have.

TONY

Jul 27, 2004
HANTS
well obviously if any of these 'anon' people cause trouble it is all linked back to the original purchaser.
I think in the circumstances if we're struggling to fill the ground then its as close to being on general sale without the risk that would be involved if it were.

I'm just pleased to be going as i didn't expect the chance to.

TONY

Jul 27, 2004
HANTS
Strike said:
Are tickets still on sale in the general club shop in Brighton? Sorry if I sound stupid, but if so I may pop down there later, and do my bit for the club.

01273 776992

give em a tinkle

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Captain Sensible said:
Thing is that there are tickets on sale and no one wants them. Also you have to already be on the database, so that is excluding loads of people I know that haven't gone before but would love to go to this one. The club are excluding the ordinary joe in the street and I just hope they don't do that at Falmer. If they make it really difficult to get tickets then the attendances will be down on what they should be. Some people don't want to apply 2 weeks in advance for a game.

So you would rather anyone got their hands on tickets ??

Databases ensure that tickets can be traced back to who bought them and deters the hoolies from getting into the ground end of.

All the bollocks that the bobblers come out with that it will be easier to get tickets for Falmer from train stations etc etc is also ill thought out garbage as well, no I would much rather the club have a database poicy and if people were really that bothered they would put themselves on it, maybe its time to face the fact that we havent actually got the mass numbers of dedicated supporters we think we have.

Maybe its that people would rather watch it in the comfort of their homes than in that shithole, I know I will be, call me a bad fan, but if I can generate more atmoshere with a crate of BEATERS and a few mates round in the WARM then bad fan I am.

Last edited:

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I think a fair few people are just SICK of Withdean.

Really????

Seem to be able to fill it most games.

Only complaint about homes games I have got is the stuff on the pitch.............

Venue is fine. Its a lot closer than Pissfield and has got as much atmosphere ats the Goldstone used to dureig the early nineties. (puts helmet on, puts head down and waits for flaming)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Storer68 said:
Really????

Seem to be able to fill it most games.

Only complaint about homes games I have got is the stuff on the pitch.............

Venue is fine. Its a lot closer than Pissfield and has got as much atmosphere ats the Goldstone used to dureig the early nineties. (puts helmet on, puts head down and waits for flaming)

what my honorable friend said

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Withdean is fine eh?

Maybe it's just me then but the whole experience fills me with dread. Maybe it's not just the venue but every game I go to it seems that I'm surrounded by moaning old bastards and know it alls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here