Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty seats at Palace game

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I know that Withdean is a shithole, but this is Palace. If we can't sell all the tickets for this there's sommit wrong.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Home ticket sales probably won't be helped by the fact that you have to be on the club's ticket database in order to get a ticket for the Palace game. If you've been to matches previously but someone else bought your ticket for you, you won't get a ticket for Sunday as you won't be on the database.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I think a fair few people are just SICK of Withdean.

Yes but the club needs the fans support and they have responded to demand by putting in extra seats and then the fans who moaned about not getting tickets don't bother! I give up!

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Can't be arsed or prefer not to sit in that hole for that amount of money? Home games don't interest me anymore, for that you may think of me what you will and take all the moral high ground you like.

Sorry i dont buy that. Yes Withdean is Shite BUT it is where we play & I want to see my team.

We all cant wait for Falmer but with the extra seats we have to put thius misconception that you cant get tickets behind us. The club needs to do some sort of publicity drive. Maybe they could give them to a school of kiddies football club or something. We have to get the grass roots now so that we can fill falmer

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
trueblue said:
If I was a Palace fan (God forbid!), I don't think I'd bother. What's the point of paying all that money for a shit view when the game is live on Sky?

They'll get a better atmosphere in the pub and save a few quid too.

I think that is the general concensus i am afraid. Falmer will be totally different for both sets of fans

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It has to be "pay-on-the day" but that does not have to be at the ground, it can be at any convenient venue. The current ticket arrrangements are not only funding the TV companies but are killing live football for the fans. That and not having a roof.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
trueblue said:
If I was a Palace fan (God forbid!), I don't think I'd bother. What's the point of paying all that money for a shit view when the game is live on Sky?

They'll get a better atmosphere in the pub and save a few quid too.

If I had been lobotomised and started supporting Croydon's finest I would regard it as a badge of honour to attend the game against our biggest rivals.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
perseus said:
It has to be "pay-on-the day" but that does not have to be at the ground, it can be at any convenient venue. The current ticket arrrangements are not only funding the TV companies but are killing live football for the fans. That and not having a roof.

How does phoning, or walking into, the club shop to get a ticket for the game kill live football?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Can't be arsed or prefer not to sit in that hole for that amount of money? Home games don't interest me anymore, for that you may think of me what you will and take all the moral high ground you like.

Add on petrol from Swindon £40-50 return
ok £30 if I drive like a Granny.

£10 for food and drinks.
£3 programme.
£22 ticket

Thats £85 1 month before Christmas.... the game is live on TV cost??? FREE.

its ok if all you "Northstanders" live in Brighton, hove etc but do not forget one of the reasons this board is so popular is that it gives "exiled" Fans a chance to have a say.

Lets see how many 'real' fans there would be if tickets for home games were £85!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
swindonseagull said:
Add on petrol from Swindon £40-50 return
ok £30 if I drive like a Granny.

£10 for food and drinks.
£3 programme.
£22 ticket

Thats £85 1 month before Christmas.... the game is live on TV cost??? FREE.

its ok if all you "Northstanders" live in Brighton, hove etc but do not forget one of the reasons this board is so popular is that it gives "exiled" Fans a chance to have a say.

Lets see how many 'real' fans there would be if tickets for home games were £85!!!

Fair play to ya. It's all personal choice.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would go and that but 22 quid is going to be better spent on a ROAST

Is that all that Race and Lush are charging? Is there a discount for sloppy seconds?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if everyone simply thought f** k it Im sick of withdean then none of us would even have a club to support.
Withdean is where we play , its crap but its our home and we need to support the boys against the Scum

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
withdean is a f***ing HOLE no matter who the opponent is - and this will be my last game at home for the rest of the season - and prob next few seasons!

its great having a fucnky shiny new stand 2 miles from the pitch and near the "singing section" but i feel it will be a huge anti-climax from the selhurst game!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fair play to ya. It's all personal choice.

Sure. And I'm free to form my personal opinion of someone who opts for pub food over supporting "his" football team against their biggest rivals whom they've just beaten.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Certainly am, and Sheffield United but I'm only going there for the bber. Couldn't give a shit about the football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here