Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty seats at Palace game

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Its terrible but seems that sunday will not be a sell out. According to the official Palace website they haven't sold out their tiny allocation. Probably because of Sky and the trains terminate at haywards heath and an early KO time.
More alarming is the fact that we still have tickets left in the centre of the south stand and at both end blocks, also the 600 left from the ex-away block. I don't think the club are advertising the fact that they have tickets. Most people I've spoken to are saying they wish they could go, not realising that tickets are still on sale. Laughing at Palace for not selling out is one thing, but us having unsold seats at this game is worse.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It has been in the Argus that there are tickets available for home fans complete with the ticket office telephone number.

I wonder if some fans are being put off by the thought of 'trouble' between the fans.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Yorkie said:
I wonder if some fans are being put off by the thought of 'trouble' between the fans. [/B]

Surely this would attract more fans of the hoolie types?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't think there are too many floating fans who can be arsed paying £22 when they can watch it for free on the box

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Presidente said:
Don't think there are too many floating fans who can be arsed paying £22 when they can watch it for free on the box

Precisely it will take time for people to realise these tickets are on sale not 4 days or whatever.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
El Presidente said:

Quite. On a seperate note, having once watched a game from V block I would rather not go than sit there for a game. If the view from some of the new seats is similar, don't expect them to sell out a regular basis. It one thing watching the game from the South stand on the Half way line, quite another behind the goal (and that ignores the point about atmosphere which is even worse in there).

The Palace situation is similar - Once bitten twice shy - If I was an away fan I wouldn't visit Withdean twice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dougal said:
Palace have only sold 600 ? WTF
Barnet would sell that many !

That is really dissapointing

Not really with all the stubs required, engineering work and live and Sky.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stinky Kat said:
I am worried about rough treatment being dished out by the met

Why the Met don't police Sussex you fool

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Beach Hut said:
Not really with all the stubs required, engineering work and live and Sky.

They get 18,000+ at home, its 40 mins down the road. No excuses . 600 is an absolute shocker

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would go and that but 22 quid is going to be better spent on a ROAST and a few beers at the BOOZER than at that HOLE that is Withdean.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dougal said:
They get 18,000+ at home, its 40 mins down the road. No excuses . 600 is an absolute shocker

It just doesn't surprise me as some fans have different views and it is easy as a CPFC fan to just jump on the band wagon and say "couldn't get a ticket" and not go.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
There are plenty of NSCers who can't be arsed to go to home games. They prefer their money to go to other clubs. If there are empty places in the south stand centre block, the excuse of it being a lousy view won't wash either.
Falmer sell outs ????

:(

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Beach Hut said:
It just doesn't surprise me as some fans have different views and it is easy as a CPFC fan to just jump on the band wagon and say "couldn't get a ticket" and not go.

I think we have sold out our allocation now - however many it is. There are valid reasons as mentioned, mainly shit ground, ticket restrictions, on a Sunday, hassle last time we were down and on TV. Let's see how many we bring to Falmer on a Saturday.

I must say that the general feeling from both sides is pretty flat for this game. Maybe becuase you haven't kicked on since Selhurst and our form has been very patchy. Maybe you've had all your good news for this year.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
mona said:
There are plenty of NSCers who can't be arsed to go to home games. They prefer their money to go to other clubs. If there are empty places in the south stand centre block, the excuse of it being a lousy view won't wash either.
Falmer sell outs ????

:(

Can't be arsed or prefer not to sit in that hole for that amount of money? Home games don't interest me anymore, for that you may think of me what you will and take all the moral high ground you like.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't blame any fan who supports Brighton not coming to Withdean it is the pits - home games are endurable and that's about it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If I was a Palace fan (God forbid!), I don't think I'd bother. What's the point of paying all that money for a shit view when the game is live on Sky?

They'll get a better atmosphere in the pub and save a few quid too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here