Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His reading of the game was excellent.

Brought some much needed quality and if that is the first full game he's played for a while it is a testament to Norwich's ability to get a player fit. Calm head and leadership skills too, we are a bit short on that. Without him I doubt we would have ended the barren run, that is how influential I thought he was.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Norwich won't want much, and our coffers are overflowing with the 8-10 million for Leo, and the 2.5 million for Buckley.

Sign him up.

I was under the impression that they wanted 4.5 m and we think he is worth 2.5m ..........use the Buckers money

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I reckon we will look to sell Kazenga in January as I've not heard about him signing a new contract. We won't let him go for nothing. We'll use some of our surplus from the sale of Leo plus what we get from Kaz to buy EB. I have no knowledge to say that this is true, but it seems to make sense.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
wonder if we can keep him for longer than a month
or even consider signing him permanently

or least hope some of his passion rubs off on some of the others

I heard whispers the 1 month loan was at least with a view to extending it to the end of the season? Did I imagine that?

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/bennett-didnt-think-twice-2056693.aspx
"Bennett has arrived on an initial one-month loan from fellow Championship side Norwich City"

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/bennett-completes-loan-switch-2054922.aspx
"Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of Elliott Bennett on an initial month's loan from Norwich City."

They certainly seem to be suggesting they might want to extend it (I believe teams are limited to one month loans during the loan window).

For comparison:
"Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of Wigan Athletic goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi on a one-month loan deal."
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-sign-keeper-on-loan-2053817.aspx

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The way Norwich are playing I would expect him to be back in their first team PDQ. Shame because I hoped he would stay longer. They say never go back but there are exceptions to every rule. Would love him back permanently.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
From today's Argus:-

Albion are on course to extend Elliott Bennett's loan spell from Norwich for another month.

Boss Sami Hyypia is confident he will still have the services of the right-winger for the rest of 2014.

Hyypia revealed to The Argus: "We are trying to extend Elliott's loan, because I really like him as a character as well as a player.

I am quite optimistic that it will happen. He wants to stay as well. I think we are talking about one month more."

scooter1

How soon is now?
Unless you're a youngster coming up through the teams, going out on loan is often the first step out of the longer term door. If Norwich really wanted Bennett fit and raring they would be working with him themselves. An extra month on loan is ok, but it would be great to get him back on a permanent deal, however I think his wages might be over an above what we can pay

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
God I would LOVE to have him back. LOVE it I would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here