Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elbows Jedinak

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There are a number of good points made on this thread. This isn't one of them.

Who is the best midfielder in the Premier League?

Agreed.

Jedinak is absolutely not 'talentless'. His talents are mostly destructive, rather than creative (though he does take a decent set piece) but they are recognisable talents, nonetheless.

That article is an absolute nonsense though. Anyone can pick out specific stats to suit their argument. He makes more interceptions and clearances than someone like Fabregas, simply because he plays a completely different role. Its about as valid as saying Joe Hart is better than Jedinak because he catches more crosses. Waste of bandwidth.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But you see, it actually wasn't at the time.

You can continue to spout inaccuracies without any knowledge of what his actual wage in his early years at Selhurst was, but no-one really listens to you, Soggy. Palace fans come to this site to read the opinions of those who actually attend games.
Why do you think Brighton fans call him Judas ? His agent was playing off Brighton , Palace and Millwall against each other to extract the most money possible from a new deal. What we do know is Brighton weren't prepared to match his wage demands and he signed for the SCUM. I don't give a **** about what Stripey Nigels construe from reading North Stand Chat and FYI because I only get to 8 or 10 games a season with many away games still incurring a 200 mile round trip my opinion still counts more than a Palarse troll.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought this was a thread about Mile Jedinak becoming a father, was just about to remark what a rubbish name they'd given the child. :cool:

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Agreed.

Jedinak is absolutely not 'talentless'. His talents are mostly destructive, rather than creative (though he does take a decent set piece) but they are recognisable talents, nonetheless.

That article is an absolute nonsense though. Anyone can pick out specific stats to suit their argument. He makes more interceptions and clearances than someone like Fabregas, simply because he plays a completely different role. Its about as valid as saying Joe Hart is better than Jedinak because he catches more crosses. Waste of bandwidth.

It's an entertainingly silly article based on the point that he comes top in a couple of stats. Which would be extraordinary for a talentless player to achieve.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's an entertainingly silly article based on the point that he comes top in a couple of stats. Which would be extraordinary for a talentless player to achieve.
Top of both the sly and blatant elbow stats? Most footballers have trouble with their knees in later life, Jedi is going to have crippled arms at this rate.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He's done that his whole career, hence his nickname "Elbows". Glad this has finally been picked up on. Talentless thug.

Is that his nickname ? That's new to me . Jedi is in the wrong here and will be lucky to escape without any punishment but to say he is talentless is bollocks . The role Jedi plays for us is very important for any team and he is one of the best at it as the stats will prove .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Is that his nickname ? That's new to me . Jedi is in the wrong here and will be lucky to escape without any punishment but to say he is talentless is bollocks . The role Jedi plays for us is very important for any team and he is one of the best at it as the stats will prove .
Elbowwwwwwsss

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pardew condones it though:

"I have seen worse where nothing has happened so I will be surprised if something happens, but the media have highlighted it and we will have to see where it goes."

Right-o. Its all the MEDIAS fault for seeing him do a snide forearm smash.

Palace - class through and through, as always.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Not seen any Palace fan defend what he did. In fact most of us have been pissed off with him for the fact that if it had been seen at the time it'd be 3-2 (presuming they scored the pen) and we'd be down to 9 men with 10 minutes left. On top of which he's already missed all but one game in January and February and will now miss almost the whole of March. Was idiotic and deserves the ban. That all said the monotonous claptrap from the usual handwringers on here is amusing as usual.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Jedi will have to take this on the chin( no pun intended ) and I doubt that we will appeal . Trial by media is the in thing so when it all exploded on Saturday and Sunday I expected the worse . He will be a big miss for those 4 games but we have enough quality to get by .

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Pardew condones it though:

"I have seen worse where nothing has happened so I will be surprised if something happens, but the media have highlighted it and we will have to see where it goes."

Right-o. Its all the MEDIAS fault for seeing him do a snide forearm smash.

Palace - class through and through, as always.

Pardew has a point, if it wasn't for television then no-one would have seen it. I blame John Logie Baird personally, it's all his fault.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Jedi will have to take this on the chin( no pun intended ) and I doubt that we will appeal . Trial by media is the in thing so when it all exploded on Saturday and Sunday I expected the worse . He will be a big miss for those 4 games but we have enough quality to get by .

Blokes a thug end of :tosser:

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Not seen any Palace fan defend what he did. In fact most of us have been pissed off with him for the fact that if it had been seen at the time it'd be 3-2 (presuming they scored the pen) and we'd be down to 9 men with 10 minutes left. On top of which he's already missed all but one game in January and February and will now miss almost the whole of March. Was idiotic and deserves the ban. That all said the monotonous claptrap from the usual handwringers on here is amusing as usual.
If you don't like the claptrap,you could just **** off to the BBS and not come back !

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Isn't that a virtual version of going to watch an away match? I don't see anything pathetic about monitoring and if necessary coming on here to correct any misapprehensions, mistakes and basic falsehoods some blinkered Albion fans spread about. After all there may be other clubs' fans on here too.I thought you would be far more upset about the wonderful display Muzza (FFS to you) put up in the game, and the rather poor decision about his sending-off.

That second goal (how he was "credited" with the first God alone knows, if the defender had got out of the way instead of toe-poking it aimlessly the goalie had the header easily covered) was pure poetry..

Just think, he could have still been gracing the AMEX every home game...

Then you really need to get out more.

As for Murray, life goes on, a good player for us, who did the best he could for his family when we weren't prepared to pay his value. I'm sure most Brighton fans would have preferred him to stay.

However, whilst others may not agree, I would have preferred we'd kept Ulloa.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Blokes a thug end of :tosser:

He's a great leader and a great player . He takes a lot and gives it back without wingeing .I remember alan lee ( ex palace ) did him and fractured his eye socket and Jedi returned within weeks wearing a protective mask . We will miss him but will carry on with our quest to stay up again .

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
If you don't like the claptrap,you could just **** off to the BBS and not come back !

Pretty sure I said it was amusing not that I didn't like it. Little hypocritical give that Gordon Greer has been sent off for violent conduct more times than Jedi though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's a great leader and a great player . He takes a lot and gives it back without winging . I remember alan lee ( ex palace ) did him and fractured his eye socket and Jedi returned within weeks wearing a protective mask . We will miss him but will carry on with our quest to stay up again .

He is a good leader for you, I don't think that can be denied and he does do a god job, but that's not the issue here. In terms of the facemask, nothing special, I would say it's more unusual for players not to resume with a protective mask these days.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He is a good leader for you, I don't think that can be denied and he does do a god job, but that's not the issue here. In terms of the facemask, nothing special, I would say it's more unusual for players not to resume with a protective mask these days.

The issue has been addressed and Jedi will get a ban . No one has stuck up for Jedi because there is no excuse for his actions . My view on Jedi hasn't changed in the slightest over this , he is the first name on the team sheet ( not for the next 4 games obviously ) and one of our best ever captains .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here