Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-abd signs new contract

Jimmy Grimble

Been easily best of two defenders this season of which the other is Tunni who sadly appears to be out of favour.

I don't understand this praising of Tunniclife - he was just as gash as Elphick and Virgo, he just got less criticism from NSC'ers because he was new. The last 5 or so games Elphick and Virgo have been good, infact, they've produced the best defensive performances of the season. Tunniclife has potential and the right physical attributes to develop but his concentration and marking is poor; he was at fault for a number of goals when he was in the side but few people seemed to realise.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't understand this praising of Tunniclife - he was just as gash as Elphick and Virgo, he just got less criticism from NSC'ers because he was new. The last 5 or so games Elphick and Virgo have been good, infact, they've produced the best defensive performances of the season. Tunniclife has potential and the right physical attributes to develop but his concentration and marking is poor; he was at fault for a number of goals when he was in the side but few people seemed to realise.

100% agree, I do think he has potential though as he is still only 20 aint he.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Don't disagree with any of that.

In fact, Navarro is the only new signing I can think of that hasn't received "benefit of the doubt" in their first few games for the club. Strange that.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
he's been consistent in an inconsistent team. Individually, I don't think he's good enough in any 1 position to get in the side ahead of the other players we have here.

Surely you want players who are consistant and reliable?

Its got to be better than having someone who might be better technically but fails to perform consistantly, making them much more of a liability and more likely to cost you the game

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Good news, real fans of the club will be pleased.
Now that is funny.real fans like you then haven't a clue about footballers then.
It's funny how players form and energy levels suddenly improves when they are nearing the end of there contract or playing to impress a new manager.
El-Abd at full back is awfull,no pace and gets skinned far to often.As a center back he is too short to command that position.Midfield? what a joke putting him in there.
He offers nothing apart from giving his all.If your aiming for promotion you need players who are tecnicially good.Adam is not.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Surely you want players who are consistant and reliable?

Its got to be better than having someone who might be better technically but fails to perform consistantly, making them much more of a liability and more likely to cost you the game

Whing is consistent and reliable, and McNulty will prove to be aswell. To even remotely suggest El-Abd isn't a liability, and isn't likely to cost us the game is completely ignoring the last few years. I haven't forgotten the karate kick on the MK Dons player earlier in the season at the Withdean, which rightly got him sent off and played a major part in our losing a match we were worth atleast a draw in.

Obviously, that's the low point of his season and he has come back into the side and been solid enough, but I don't see him as being a first choice starter in a team which is going to get promotion out of this league. People have been saying in other threads that we need to compare ourselves to Leeds/Norwich/Charlton in terms of the players in the squad, and whether they're good enough to get us promoted or not. Would El-Abd make any of their squads?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Best put your opinions on Ask The Club, I'm sure they will passed onto Gus Poyet. With his low profile and limited experience of the game I'm sure he is chomping at the bit for a bit of help from the posters on here.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Best put your opinions on Ask The Club, I'm sure they will passed onto Gus Poyet. With his low profile and limited experience of the game I'm sure he is chomping at the bit for a bit of help from the posters on here.

And there speaks the authority. You decide who is a real fan, and you decide who are good players for this football club. That's NSC closed down then, different opinions and conversations in threads are pointless, because one person can come in and given an all sweeping statement which completely ends everything.

But back to reality, everyone views football in a different way and everyone is entitled to a different opinion to everyone else. The reason people use NSC is to keep in touch with what is going on at the club, and consequently talk about it. So sue people for thinking differently to others. Personally, I think the people who come in and think their opinion means more than any other is just pathetic and arrogant. We all support the Albion, and we all have the right to comment on the goings on. Just because you don't decide something, doesn't mean you have to agree with the decision that has been made.

Say what you like in response, but you know I'm right.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
yes you are right. everyones opinion should be respected. but wheres the fun in that! at the end of the day the main man willstand or fall by his decision, not us. i think its the right one to make , but time will tell.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
An interesting thought is that maybe this contract has been prompted by other teams inquiring as to whether Adam was available in this transfer window. Just thought I'd put that view out there..

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Who in their right mind would want a player in their side who is to footballing talent what Pavarotti was to synchronised swimming?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
To be honest, the argument ends with this point- Gus Poyet has more experience and knowledge of football teams and players than all of us put together, El-Abd has played well this season and these two factors combined has led to him receiving a contract extension.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be honest, the argument ends with this point- Gus Poyet has more experience and knowledge of football teams and players than all of us put together, El-Abd has played well this season and these two factors combined has led to him receiving a contract extension.

Controversial.....

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Who in their right mind would want a player in their side who is to footballing talent what Pavarotti was to synchronised swimming?

Somebody who has played football at the top level, won International honours and is hopefully on the way to becoming a top top manager.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

:thumbsup: Took the words out of my mouth.

Adam El-Abd - I love you :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here