Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL Trophy Quarter Final - Amex, Tuesday 9th January ko 7pm

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you went to Oldham Away on 22nd April 1978, a huge away game, then you are classed as “dyed in the wool”. And you are guaranteed tickets for every game, forever. A hard fought 1-1 draw. I counted 13 double decker buses of our fans arriving.
Absolutely freezing cold if my memory serves me

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is travel provided with the ticket for this game?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Some interesting selection points for tonight. With a couple of returning loan players available (assuming they are eligible), will putting them in the shop window for another loan take precendent over developing the younger players? Adding some league experience would be an advantage, but at the same time I would be interested to see what the likes of Joe Knight can do at this level.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Who are the next big things to look out for then? I’m aware of Knight, Atom, Barrington and MO’M.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Some interesting selection points for tonight. With a couple of returning loan players available (assuming they are eligible), will putting them in the shop window for another loan take precendent over developing the younger players? Adding some league experience would be an advantage, but at the same time I would be interested to see what the likes of Joe Knight can do at this level.
Yeah, I'm also wondering whether RDZ will release all the youngsters who have been in recent first-team squads for this one? The likes of Hinchy, Peupion and Baker-Boitey in particular who have had first team minutes on the pitch recently? Funny to think that Hinshelwood played in the first few games of this competition this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Returning loan players are available, but if they play it will prevent them being loaned out again.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Yeah, I'm also wondering whether RDZ will release all the youngsters who have been in recent first-team squads for this one? The likes of Hinchy, Peupion and Baker-Boitey in particular who have had first team minutes on the pitch recently? Funny to think that Hinshelwood played in the first few games of this competition this season.
I remember Hinshelwood coming on as sub in the final a couple of years ago against his dad's side Worthing

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Any particular reason she moved...?
The honest answer is we’ve all had season tickets together since the Amex opened, however after covid she fell out of love with football, and against our better judgment gave up her season ticket. During the women’s Euro’s she got her football mojo back, so she had to start again but at the time there was no season tickets near us until this season so we’ve moved her back with us.

The flippant of the cuff reason - she didn’t like who she was sat behind 😂

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure this will be on YouTube but Should be able to buy a ifollow match pass through the usual website or Readings official website,unless of course the rules change for the knockout stages.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You sure?
Youth football doesn't appear to count towards the two clubs rule.

Anders Dreyer played twice for our U21s at the start of the 19-20 season. He then moved to SC Heerenveen on loan for the first half of the season playing 20 times. We then recalled him from loan and sold him in January 2020 to FC Midtjylland in Denmark. So being on loan and playing for our U21s didn't stop him making 16 appearances for Midtlylland after his move (and the Danish season runs on the same calendar as ours so it wasn't a move facilitated by over lapping seasons).

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Youth football doesn't appear to count towards the two clubs rule.

Anders Dreyer played twice for our U21s at the start of the 19-20 season. He then moved to SC Heerenveen on loan for the first half of the season playing 20 times. We then recalled him from loan and sold him in January 2020 to FC Midtjylland in Denmark. So being on loan and playing for our U21s didn't stop him making 16 appearances for Midtlylland after his move (and the Danish season runs on the same calendar as ours so it wasn't a move facilitated by over lapping seasons).
Dreyer played in Premier League 2, which is treated differently to the EFL Trophy. Presumably because the EFL Trophy has senior teams playing in it. So PL2 is treated as a youth competition, but EFL Trophy a senior competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here