Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EFL Trophy Group Stage Draw 27 July - Confirmation of Category 1 Academy invitations

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Group Stage Draw - South- Section Two Teams

LEAGUE ONE Charlton Gillingham Millwall MK Dons Peterborough Southend

LEAGUE TWO Barnet Colchester Crawley Orient Luton Stevenage

CAT ONE Brighton Norwich Saints WBA

Group will be one from each pot plus an additional team from League 1 or 2. Play each other once, home or away (Category 1 only have one home fixture at main stadium)

Top two teams from each mini-table progress,

Full draw at 1000.

Chelsea back tracked and have entered and Newcastle withdrew. Aston Villa and Fulham must have declined as well.

Chelsea Reading Swansea West Ham are the Category One Academies in the South-Section One draw.

That means a League One or Two team will get a match at the Olympic Stadium........

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Portsmouth get a bye?
Imagine how their fans must feel having the opportunity of playing ours or Southampton's U23's

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is a good opportunity for our youngsters to play in proper competitive games, get used to travelling, stadiums etc against bigger, older competition.

Good idea I think.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Portsmouth get a bye?
Imagine how their fans must feel having the opportunity of playing ours or Southampton's U23's
Probably in the second repechage in added on multi ball, shootout phase. Or something.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Group of DEATH!

CoXFFqqWAAA1UiI.jpg

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So

Who do we play when?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Grimsby and Sheffield United paired together, Humberside and South Yorkshire police are going to love that following the scenes from last weekends pre-season "friendly". Grimsby fans will want revenge and will smash up the city centre again, going to be fun

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Also how can West Brom amongst others be classed as Southern? Yet Cheltenham and Cambridge are in the Northern half of the draw

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
So a 18 year old whippet young forward playing against a old seasoned 33 year old pro center back in a competitive match...I am not saying it will happen but if I was the 33 year old journeyman center back I just might expect a bit of respect and if not !!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Northern Group A: Everton, Bolton, Cheltenham, Blackpool.

:ffsparr:

Northern Group G: Middlesbrough, Scunthorpe, Cambridge, Shrewsbury.

:ffsparr:

Maybe, just maybe, a Midlands section.....

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Wont these L1/L2 teams give some of their youngsters a run out against the Academy sides, rather than their first team players?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here