Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EFL Trophy Group Stage Draw 27 July - Confirmation of Category 1 Academy invitations

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Oh no, not this shite again.

Great betting opportunity though - Norwich under 23's to beat Barnet @ 2/1. They hammered Peterborough in the last group matches and have some fantastic youngsters with a big catchment area.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Great betting opportunity though - Norwich under 23's to beat Barnet @ 2/1. They hammered Peterborough in the last group matches and have some fantastic youngsters with a big catchment area.

It finished 5-0 to Norwich.

The bookies got smashed. They'd only let me have £100 on though. Must admit I do feel a bit guilty knowing what I knew beforehand. Tough titties though. :)

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

We do have good youngsters but it does help when you can field a forward line of Pritchard, Canos, Josh Murphy and Oliveira worth in the region of £20m against a weakened Barnet team.

Norwich fans were all over 2/1 win, -1 at 5/1 and -2 at 14/1

You could have had plenty more on betfair too

Surprised the odds makers hadn't learnt after we were around 6/1 last time and hammered posh.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Next fixture v Orient midweek in next international break - 8th November.

Maybe we'll be able to field March and Towell.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£10 adults, £5 concessions.

Not sure if there's a rail strike - if there is then £12 parking would make it an eye-watering £22 game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No rail strike it seems, so no need to pay through the nose for parking.

But £10 to see Goldson, Hunemeier, March, Towell and the kids isn't that tempting.

£5 would have been more reasonable, not sure the crowd will be much above 500 rattling around the Amex.

Might just stay in and watch the Trump v Clinton election all nighter.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton has confirmed March, Towell and LuaLua will feature in this game, I guess also Goldson, Hunemeier and Pocognoli.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least six of the starting line-up have to be U-21.
Thanks, I wasn't sure. Any restriction on the subs bench ?

Also, don't Orient have to play a minimum number of first team selections from their last match ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks, I wasn't sure. Any restriction on the subs bench ?

Not that I am aware of.

Also, don't Orient have to play a minimum number of first team selections from their last match ?

They have to field a minimum of 5 "first team" players in their starting eleven. I am not sure how the competition currently defines "first team".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Albion need to win tomorrow to progess to round 2 - an away game at a southern group winner.

A draw and a penalty shoot out win isn't good enough.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hughton has confirmed March, Towell and LuaLua will feature in this game, I guess also Goldson, Hunemeier and Pocognoli.

Albion need to win tomorrow to progess to round 2 - an away game at a southern group winner.

A draw and a penalty shoot out win isn't good enough.

Given the above, I'd say the 5/4 or so on BHA is a good bet. Maybe even worth a go on the -1 handicap at 3/1... That said, I thought that in the last game and we conceded late but weren't favourites like we are tomorrow. Orient have won 1 game in the last 10 and also lost 8 of those...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here