Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Educating the East End

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I seee. I think you might be confusing Millwall football fans with the place on the isle of dogs no? They obviously moved from there over 100 years ago so although many may have a connection to the area and the docks most fans would see themselves as South Londoners hence why they don't like the cockney tag even if it is their heritage. Most Millwall fans would associate themselves with Bermondsey, New cross, Elephant and castle, Peckham ect.
That opens up another whole can of worms, there are quite a few Millwall fans in stepney/poplar and the isle of dogs , what could be termed the 'proper' east end ,which really only extends to mile end/bow , west ham love to give it the large one about being east enders , but they're ground isn't even in the proper east end.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
My God, have we really descended to coming up with comedy user names "dibble". Sums EDS up really. Doesn't support our team, is a racist and does nothing but troll around on here and has chummed up with NSC's resident know-it-all bigot. I'd request you were banned if you weren't such an entertaining clown.

My predictive text has a mind of its own, which thinking about it makes it superior to you. As for requesting I was banned, are you seriously that wet? A grown man whining to mods lol. Words fail me

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Still waiting to find out why the East End is just like "Africa and various Muslim countries" when there are so many white people in London. EDS seems to have gone silent on that point.

No eds does have to work at some points. What's the point, your mind is made up and what with your cerebrally challenged cheerleader its all a bit pointless. I'm off to my local BNP meeting, or is it edf nowadays.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Arsenal are really a south east London club, but who really cares.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Whoops just realised thats my energy company, I bet you nearly started a march to combat these new facists on our streets.

No need. They have died their traditional death. It comes around every few years.
They are busy making fools of themselves in Rotherham now anyway.

...The French are a completely different issue though.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Still waiting to find out why the East End is just like "Africa and various Muslim countries" when there are so many white people in London. EDS seems to have gone silent on that point.
You can go to many places in london and the outskirts and find it to be similar to those in their native country's...If you can't actually notice this then you're completely blind.I went through southall yesterday...Fack me it wasn't like being in england pal i can tell you.If you really can't work out that many of these cultures want it to be like their homeland here,then you're completely and utterly as blind as a bat.

Can you not grasp the fact that many people in this country may not like a multicultural country?
Just because you like it others may not...I find it shocking that anyone who moans about cultures and other races are racists,who says that multicultural britain has to be accepted with open arms?

Some people on here need to respect others views instead of using the race card all the bloody time...Im not racist but i bloody hate the way this country is going.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You can go to many places in london and the outskirts and find it to be similar to those in their native country's...If you can't actually notice this then you're completely blind.I went through southall yesterday...Fack me it wasn't like being in england pal i can tell you.If you really can't work out that many of these cultures want it to be like their homeland here,then you're completely and utterly as blind as a bat.

Can you not grasp the fact that many people in this country may not like a multicultural country?
Just because you like it others may not...I find it shocking that anyone who moans about cultures and other races are racists,who says that multicultural britain has to be accepted with open arms?

Some people on here need to respect others views instead of using the race card all the bloody time...Im not racist but i bloody hate the way this country is going.
Maybe those people who don't like it should move to a country with a mono culture.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My predictive text has a mind of its own, which thinking about it makes it superior to you. As for requesting I was banned, are you seriously that wet? A grown man whining to mods lol. Words fail me

Ha, yeah sure. Nope, only ever reported one person on here , for holocaust denial. I wouldn't report you but I would like to see you banned.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Maybe those people who don't like it should move to a country with a mono culture.

It's interesting that you make that point.

I don't recall any politician or political party advocating in the last 30 years that multiculturalism would mean that the UK should have an ethnic demographic where, for example, London should have a white British minority. Please feel free to correct me?

Yet, that is the reality, as it is in other cities and the trend towards white British minorities will continue.

The fact is that in our lifetime (for those if us of a certain age) this country has undergone incredible change, from a mono cultural white British Christian society (post ww2) to where we are now.

Had the country been consulted on where we would be now in the last 30 years I suspect things would be different, so surely it's no wonder surely some people are unhappy.

Glib sanctimonious comments like yours don't help.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

So because I do not want the place where I was born and grew up, where my father was born and grew up and the same with my children, to change beyond all recognition then I should move. You and dibble should meet up, you are as bright as each other.
The borough I live in is now 41% white British, now that may be great if you are just visiting but feeling like a stranger where you live is starting to grate slightly. It is not just me who feels like this. My friend took his son out of school as every single child in that class was either black or eastern European, for the record that friend is mixed race. Now I could go on about the housing strain, education, NHS and so on and so forth but then I will get idiots calling me a racist when the fact is I am more accepting of other races than you day trippers or in Dibble's case a fantasist will ever be. But there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So because I do not want the place where I was born and grew up, where my father was born and grew up and the same with my children, to change beyond all recognition then I should move. You and dibble should meet up, you are as bright as each other.
The borough I live in is now 41% white British, now that may be great if you are just visiting but feeling like a stranger where you live is starting to grate slightly. It is not just me who feels like this. My friend took his son out of school as every single child in that class was either black or eastern European, for the record that friend is mixed race. Now I could go on about the housing strain, education, NHS and so on and so forth but then I will get idiots calling me a racist when the fact is I am more accepting of other races than you day trippers or in Dibble's case a fantasist will ever be. But there has to be a line drawn somewhere.
Go somewhere you do feel at home and stop moaning.

Majorities voted in successive governments who believe in multiculturalism so the people decided. There are many policies that I wish governments would bring in but majority rules in a democracy.

My lovely Muslim neighbour just bought me some tasty Italian bread. #livingthemultoculturaldream.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's interesting that you make that point.

I don't recall any politician or political party advocating in the last 30 years that multiculturalism would mean that the UK should have an ethnic demographic where, for example, London should have a white British minority. Please feel free to correct me?

Yet, that is the reality, as it is in other cities and the trend towards white British minorities will continue.

The fact is that in our lifetime (for those if us of a certain age) this country has undergone incredible change, from a mono cultural white British Christian society (post ww2) to where we are now.

Had the country been consulted on where we would be now in the last 30 years I suspect things would be different, so surely it's no wonder surely some people are unhappy.

Glib sanctimonious comments like yours don't help.
You may have missed the huge movement of people happening over the last few hundred years but it isn't really the job of politicians to point it out to you.

Is that glib sanctimonious comment any better?

I find it funny when us brits complain about migration and the movement of people when we spent do much and do long exploring and moving round the globe.

D

Deleted member 22389

Go somewhere you do feel at home and stop moaning.

Majorities voted in successive governments who believe in multiculturalism so the people decided. There are many policies that I wish governments would bring in but majority rules in a democracy.

My lovely Muslim neighbour just bought me some tasty Italian bread. #livingthemultoculturaldream.

Yes we really voted for 1400 economic migrants to be sat outside Calais waiting to jump the next ferry to the UK.
Your version of migration compared to what is going and has gone on in the UK are completely different, honestly.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes we really voted for 1400 economic migrants to be sat outside Calais waiting to jump the next ferry to the UK.
Your version of migration compared to what is going and has gone on in the UK are completely different, honestly.

I pass through Calais quite often and being a creature of habit visit my favourite bistro every time for a spot of lunch,this happens to be in the main square which has recently had a massive overhaul costing millions.The business owners it seems are as one and believe this was basically a bribe to stop complaining about the problem with immigrants.The owner was explaining to me how the problem is destroying businesses in Calais,tourists simply dont visit the town anymore,even though the main headache problems is a few miles away in Sangatte.I feel quite sorry for these would be immigrants to be honest,they have been totally abused both humanely and financially.What surprises me the most is that no one has explained to them they only need to claim asylum in the first EU country they come to,wait a while and become a citizen then they can travel anywhere they want to.Surely that beats the hell out of living like a nomad in Calais........what am i missing?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I find it funny when us brits complain about migration and the movement of people when we spent do much and do long exploring and moving round the globe.

in fairness,i dont think its fair to equate what we were doing 200 years ago and try and compare it to the freedom of movement people have today

D

Deleted member 22389

I pass through Calais quite often and being a creature of habit visit my favourite bistro every time for a spot of lunch,this happens to be in the main square which has recently had a massive overhaul costing millions.The business owners it seems are as one and believe this was basically a bribe to stop complaining about the problem with immigrants.The owner was explaining to me how the problem is destroying businesses in Calais,tourists simply dont visit the town anymore,even though the main headache problems is a few miles away in Sangatte.I feel quite sorry for these would be immigrants to be honest,they have been totally abused both humanely and financially.What surprises me the most is that no one has explained to them they only need to claim asylum in the first EU country they come to,wait a while and become a citizen then they can travel anywhere they want to.Surely that beats the hell out of living like a nomad in Calais........what am i missing?

Your not missing anything, that is exactly how it should work, but I think the wider problem is the numbers. Giving out EU citizenship will only lead to an increase in immigration numbers for the UK and some other countries in the EU. That's not me being selfish, that's me being realistic in regards of what we can really offer people in the UK and the numbers that we already have here.

Last edited by a moderator:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You and dibble should meet up, you are as bright as each other.

I am more accepting of other races than you day trippers or in Dibble's case a fantasist will ever be.

i disagree with the viewpoints of badfish all the time,i think he is flawed politically,however the fish does conduct himself well on here,(splitter).....perhaps remember that before generalising

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here