Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Educating the East End

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yet another thread descends into Bushy from Haywards Heath pointing out to anyone who currently lives in London, that they don't know what they are talking about while bashlsdir does his impressions of Mo ?

Well I never saw that coming :ohmy:

Now here is a sensible post
Problem kids in areas like East London has nothing to do with colour and everything to do with poverty and disenfranchised kids lacking decent role models.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Well I give up. Him and dibble can pat each other on the back about how trendy they are whilst telling me I am a racist. Anyway I'm off to split up with my girlfriend, tell my friends to get lost, take my sons out of their schools and join the BNP.
This site is full of experts who've never lived in London or shot straight back down to Sussex as soon as they see the reality of Tabitha and Quentin going to secondary school in london , I went to a secondary school in south London in the 70s/80s it was bad enough then but nothing like now, I also went to secondary school in Sussex , the two don't compare.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yet another thread descends into Bushy from Haywards Heath pointing out to anyone who currently lives in London, that they don't know what they are talking about while bashlsdir does his impressions of Mo ?

Well I never saw that coming :ohmy:

Now here is a sensible post
n
I LIVE in Haywards Heath, I come from London, I am also AGREEING with the poster who currently lives in London , which part are you struggling with ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
n
I LIVE in Haywards Heath, I come from London, I am also AGREEING with the poster who currently lives in London , which part are you struggling with ?

Yes, I got it the previous 500 times. You're right, everyone else regardless of where they have lived and for how long, is wrong

Just calm down, dear

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My God, have we really descended to coming up with comedy user names "dibble". Sums EDS up really. Doesn't support our team, is a racist and does nothing but troll around on here and has chummed up with NSC's resident know-it-all bigot. I'd request you were banned if you weren't such an entertaining clown.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We all see the same things when we go to these places, some of us just aren't afraid of them or threatened by change.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still waiting to find out why the East End is just like "Africa and various Muslim countries" when there are so many white people in London. EDS seems to have gone silent on that point.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hush! Gather round children! Uncle Bushy is going to tell us one of his 'I used to live in London' tales!

pcol

Nov 1, 2010
Wonder why they didn't do it in tower hamlets ? You'd really see how wonderful 'multiculturalism is then, Walthamstow isnt even in the east end.

I live on a council estate in Hackney, there's a school with what seemed like a similar demographic to last night 2 mins from my doorstep. There's some good kids and some bad kids. Pretty much like the school i went to in Sussex. I don't think race comes into it at all, i also think this is what the programme makers believe. So does it really matter if its in Walthamstow or Tower Hamlets where there may be a different racial demographic, and just enjoy the best part about these programmes - the relationships between teacher and pupil.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i am looking for a vid of a hippo having a shit....has anyone got one....??? all i can say is , after visiting an aquaintance in chadwell heath a couple of weeks ago , i wouldn't wan't to ****in live there , it's not about colour or religion , it's about the ridiculous front you have to put up to get left alone.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hush! Gather round children! Uncle Bushy is going to tell us one of his 'I used to live in London' tales!

image.jpg

Sorry Bushy but it had to be done:whistle:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It's like Millwall it's postcode is actually E14.

My University I went too in Stratford before it was UEL was North East London Polytechnic but before that
West Ham Municipal College uhhhh ??????

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It's like Millwall it's postcode is actually E14.

My University I went too in Stratford before it was UEL was North East London Polytechnic but before that
West Ham Municipal College uhhhh ??????

Sorry if i've missed your point but are you suggesting Millwall isnt in the East end? You dont get much more East end than Millwall in my opinion.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sorry if i've missed your point but are you suggesting Millwall isnt in the East end? You dont get much more East end than Millwall in my opinion.

I know but they always quote themselves as South Londoners at a push SE Londoners never ever Eastenders.
You would get hung drawn and quartered calling them Cockneys.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I know but they always quote themselves as South Londoners at a push SE Londoners never ever Eastenders.
You would get hung drawn and quartered calling them Cockneys.

I seee. I think you might be confusing Millwall football fans with the place on the isle of dogs no? They obviously moved from there over 100 years ago so although many may have a connection to the area and the docks most fans would see themselves as South Londoners hence why they don't like the cockney tag even if it is their heritage. Most Millwall fans would associate themselves with Bermondsey, New cross, Elephant and castle, Peckham ect.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I seee. I think you might be confusing Millwall football fans with the place on the isle of dogs no? They obviously moved from there over 100 years ago so although many may have a connection to the area and the docks most fans would see themselves as South Londoners hence why they don't like the cockney tag even if it is their heritage. Most Millwall fans would associate themselves with Bermondsey, New cross, Elephant and castle, Peckham ect.

To be fair I might have missed ghe point, I don't protest to knowing any natives to that neck of the woods or whether they define themselves as east of South Londoners.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was only thinking last night about how a new accent has emerged in this part of London (and probably elsewhere). At first, I ignorantly thought it was pier mimicking, but it seems otherwise. It's a mix of Afro-Indies and Cockney.

Considering London, dating back to Middle-English, has been a fusion of immigrant culture, initially more internalised, and then external, it made me wonder what the accent sounded like 300 years ago and what it will sound like 100 years from now.

I was once told that Shakespeare would have spoken in a rural country accent, which puts an interesting slant on his plays. Can anyone imagine Shakespeare with a Wiltshire lilt ? Well, 'As You Like It', maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here