Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EDL to march again

D

Deleted member 22389

They did a few years back. I remember the main road in to Luton town centre was closed.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive told you what I want Eagles. a lack of drunk, violent, far right thugs in my hometown, for the sole reason of violence.
What has 'immigration' got to with it?
Its 'supposed' to be a St Georges Day parade isnt it?

How does chanting 'allah is a paedo' address Immigration?
Would have thought a march about immigration would be better served being held in Whitehall dont you?
Why Brighton?

If these thugs dont show up....no people confronting them...its pretty easy stuff.

AgerBomb22

Jun 2, 2011
Chi Town/Burgess Hill
And, don't forget, Brighton has the largest mosque in Britain.

tumblr_inline_mnx5ipPxiQ1qz4rgp.png

ffs.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Ive told you what I want Eagles. a lack of drunk, violent, far right thugs in my hometown, for the sole reason of violence.

Would have thought a march about immigration would be better served being held in Whitehall dont you?
Why Brighton?

If these thugs dont show up....no people confronting them...its pretty easy stuff.

I was asking your views on immigration that's all, so basically if the EDL were to no longer visit Brighton then you would have no more to say about opposing them?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Protesting against radical Islam, whilst wearing pigs head, chanting "Allah is a paedo" "Allah! who the **** is Allah?". Really against radical Islam, aren't they?

I think the above is a good thing as it shows you exactly what they are, if they were all wearing suits and talking eloquently whilst secretly harbouring the same views would be something to be worried about, unfortunately the people who go out and confront them are actually giving them a platform otherwise they would be ignored.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I was asking your views on immigration that's all, so basically if the EDL were to no longer visit Brighton then you would have no more to say about opposing them?

My views on immigration are fairly simple....we are in the EU....like it or not...people from the EU can travel to the UK..people from the UK can travel, to live and work in other EU countries..and many like myself do..

The EDL is not a political group....it is basically a rapidly diminishing....group of street thugs, looking for an excuse for street violence under a political pretence....it is full of neo nazis...it is full of racists....i will always oppose them.

D

Deleted member 22389

Why Brighton?

I also presume you would show the same sort of views towards some of these radical preachers then, the ones who promote violence and intolerance to others otherwise your arguments fall down.
This is what I don't understand.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
My views on immigration are fairly simple....we are in the EU....like it or not...people from the EU can travel to the UK..people from the UK can travel, to live and work in other EU countries..and many like myself do..

The EDL is not a political group....it is basically a rapidly diminishing....group of street thugs, looking for an excuse for street violence under a political pretence....it is full of neo nazis...it is full of racists....i will always oppose them.

Well I certainly do not share your views on traveling/immigration, I would love you to spend a few weeks in London to see how immigration is not all a bed of roses and until we have sufficient housing for the British, sufficient education, job and an health service able to cope with the British then I will always oppose any future immigration until those things can cope with yet more people.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I think the above is a good thing as it shows you exactly what they are, if they were all wearing suits and talking eloquently whilst secretly harbouring the same views would be something to be worried about, unfortunately the people who go out and confront them are actually giving them a platform otherwise they would be ignored.

I don't disagree regarding the 'anti-fascists'. The issue is that often ignoring them means they can still spread their tired, reactionary shit. I'd rather see some disruption of what they're doing.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I also presume you would show the same sort of views towards some of these radical preachers then, the ones who promote violence and intolerance to others otherwise your arguments fall down.
This is what I don't understand.

Ive no love of radical islam...trust me...none.....does that mean, that I have to accept violent, racist, thugs on Brighton streets?
Ill keep asking....WHY BRIGHTON...

D

Deleted member 22389

Ive no love of radical islam...trust me...none.....does that mean, that I have to accept violent, racist, thugs on Brighton streets?
Ill keep asking....WHY BRIGHTON...

May be they are here to get support from the Gay community? Because it doesn't matter what religion it is, it will never be accepted.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
ridicule might deserve a nodding laugh smiley, but i am not sure about the 'hate' part. Hating people who are confused and scared by multiculturalism is directly at odds with the tolerance those who 'know better' claim to display to others.

I'm not saying I agree with the haters. You get all sorts of trolls on the internet from either side.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well I certainly do not share your views on traveling/immigration, I would love you to spend a few weeks in London to see how immigration is not all a bed of roses and until we have sufficient housing for the British, sufficient education, job and an health service able to cope with the British then I will always oppose any future immigration until those things can cope with yet more people.

I grew up in London, and have lived in London in various locations for work purposes.
I would imagine theres more 'immigrants' in the Croydon area than Brighton..maybe these marches would serve better purpose there?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I grew up in London, and have lived in London in various locations for work purposes.
I would imagine theres more 'immigrants' in the Croydon area than Brighton..maybe these marches would serve better purpose there?

I do not live in the Croydon area and never have.

I do not care where they march as I think they are idiots, but I also think those that oppose them with their silly banners and whining are just as bad.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I don't disagree regarding the 'anti-fascists'. The issue is that often ignoring them means they can still spread their tired, reactionary shit. I'd rather see some disruption of what they're doing.

The thing is though, would they make the news if they just marched singing songs and displaying their silly banners? or would they be largely ignored?
Without coverage they are nothing, I think the people opposing them love it as much as they do.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The thing is though, would they make the news if they just marched singing songs and displaying their silly banners? or would they be largely ignored?
Without coverage they are nothing, I think the people opposing them love it as much as they do.

I agree. Ignore them completely and I am sure they would still find a way to cause trouble and do themselves even further damage.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
"Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

George Orwell, Animal Farm

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Imho

Attachments

• 941517_10153766041835503_965876523_n.jpg
    941517_10153766041835503_965876523_n.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 103

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here