Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EDL - Discuss

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
You think Britain going to war against Hitler was 'self perpetuating and pointless', then?

I seem to recall that we went to war in 1939 to protect Poland's national sovereignty. Of course we didn't declare war on Nazi Germany's ally the Soviet Union when they did exactly the same thing, even after the communist terror in the Ukraine which resulted in the forced starvation of six million people in "The Holodomor".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmSc8ZKvDKw

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think the EDL are organised enough to be labelled Fascists or any other political term. They are a group of largely poorly educated people who don't have the processing power to form an intelligent opinion on the issue, real or imagined, of immigration and therefore shout and act up a lot. I also think that there is an element that don't even have the slightest interest in politics of any kind and see it as an excuse to shout their mouths off and possibly enjoy a bit of a ruck.
There is also the sight of skinheads, jackboots, tattoos and the George Cross on a flag that on a very base level, maybe tribalism, appeals to some people, stirs something in them.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
EDL is finished....
Lots of piddling little groups of halfwits now, all with theatrical names, and all wanting to be the leader.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You know what point i'm making - research her blodline and surname.

no i really dont know what point you are attempting to make.

how far back do you have to go before you are no longer classed a foreigner in your eyes?

It seems You can be born in Britain as can your parents and also your grandparents but this doesnt cut the mustard for you,that still constitutes being foreign in your eyes.

By your logic the great grandchildren of immigrants who arrived here in the late 1800`s are still foreigners.

D

Deleted member 22389

EDL is finished....
Lots of piddling little groups of halfwits now, all with theatrical names, and all wanting to be the leader.

Piddly groups or not they have bought an awareness to the general public regarding other religions and some cultural practices that are going on in the UK.
And even if they no longer have a voice, there are many other organisations that will not be scared to speak up about these things.

What about the group http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/ who are trying to take positive steps.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Piddly groups or not they have bought an awareness to the general public regarding other religions and some cultural practices that are going on in the UK.
And even if they no longer have a voice, there are many other organisations that will not be scared to speak up about these things.
What about the group http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/ who are trying to take positive steps.

All they have brought awareness to is chavvy racists, being violent, and drunk.... they have highlighted nothing, that the country wasnt aware of before.
Quillamfoundation (considered traitors by EDL haha), is a more sensible initiative, using dialogue, rather than violent thugs pretending to be a political entity.
Which other 'groups' are you referring to?
Were you being serious about the cockwombles called 'Britain First' the other day? The group led by an Ex BNP counciller?

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
EDL is finished....
so know ones going to speak out against ISLAMIC LOONS AND OVER THE TOP IMMIGRATION in this country, well everyone must be happy as larry if that's the case, get a grip dave:dunce:
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
so know ones going to speak out against ISLAMIC LOONS AND OVER THE TOP IMMIGRATION in this country, well everyone must be happy as larry if that's the case, get a grip dave:dunce:
regards
DR

What do you need to be told halfwit? What do you need to 'learn'?
Its not exactly my fault, that the people you support are a minority group, full of ****-ups is it?

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I do not wish to be "defended" by this bunch of bigoted fascists and nazis thank you very much.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I don't think the EDL are organised enough to be labelled Fascists or any other political term. They are a group of largely poorly educated people who don't have the processing power to form an intelligent opinion on the issue, real or imagined, of immigration and therefore shout and act up a lot. I also think that there is an element that don't even have the slightest interest in politics of any kind and see it as an excuse to shout their mouths off and possibly enjoy a bit of a ruck.
There is also the sight of skinheads, jackboots, tattoos and the George Cross on a flag that on a very base level, maybe tribalism, appeals to some people, stirs something in them.

You could have stopped this post after the first three words.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
They're fascists. They should not be allowed a voice. They only understand violence and that's the only response they deserve.
This is one of the lessons that was learnt by those who lived through the 1930s.

Ummm !!! weren't Nazis facists who wouldn't allow their people a voice and they only thing they they dished out is violence which is what you seem to want to do on both counts, shut them up and kick their heads in !!!!!

I think everyone should have a voice regardless of wether we like it or not as isn't that democracy and freedom of speech ??
I cant stand the EDL or BNP idiots but rights to opinions of their own surely.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I was once accused of being a Nazi by a left wing lesbian at Uni because I was wearing an England badge on my shirt when England were playing in France 98 World Cup, and she was supposed to be educated !!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was once accused of being a Nazi by a left wing lesbian at Uni because I was wearing an England badge on my shirt when England were playing in France 98 World Cup, and she was supposed to be educated !!!

Yeah, far bit it that you can support a country that you live in eh. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here