Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eddie Nketiah

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nketiah is just not the type of player we sign. If he priced himself out of a move to Palace, we would have lost interest years ago.

https://talksport.com/football/9361...palace-transfer-deadline-day-danny-mills/amp/

Indeed.

If Palace baulked at the wage demands of Nketiah, then they must've been out of the stratosphere. They're usually falling over themselves to pour multi-millions down someones trousers.

A pity. He looks like exactly what we need, but not on a loony tunes contract.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
We could do worse, and he’s definitely better than some of our other options available to us. Nunez is a pipe dream now.

yeah that ship has sailed, returned, sailed again and now sunk. I do think the club are going to bite the bullet and bring someone in though. not to pacify complaining fans, but just because that's the next area of our team that very evidently needs additional depth and quality, which I think nketiah would add.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Paper talk we won't pay £30 m + 80k a week for 2 yr deal

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Yeh, likely an agent using us to push up a fee. Brighton a good target for that with the "we need a striker" narrative in the public domain

It wouldn't surprise me if we've never shown the remotest bit of interest in his

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Paper talk we won't pay £30 m + 80k a week for 2 yr deal

Yeah, feels like lazy journalism to me. That's why I didn't bump this thread myself when I saw it last night. Looks to me like a case of "player will be on the market, player is a forward, Brighton need reinforcements up front, Brighton been linked before, 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = a window".

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Yeh, likely an agent using us to push up a fee. Brighton a good target for that with the "we need a striker" narrative in the public domain

It wouldn't surprise me if we've never shown the remotest bit of interest in his
We go under the radar for all signings .

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
£15m fee plus £1m per year for 3 years could be decent business if he’s worth £25m in 3 years. He can finish too. Just saying.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
£15m fee plus £1m per year for 3 years could be decent business if he’s worth £25m in 3 years. He can finish too. Just saying.

£20k per week? It’s been reported he wants quadruple that with the same sort EPL stats as Connolly in terms of appearances vs goals.

This guy will go for a free in the summer. Newcastle seem to be the exact sort of club who’ll pay him that sort of money.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Didn’t Palace buy Edouard in the summer and agree to pay him c£80k per week. Surely they won’t do a similar thing for another striker 6 months later. They spent c £50m in the summer on Olise, Edouard and the Chelsea CB whose name escapes me.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Given our almost guaranteed saftety I can't see us signing any first team players in January. The rest of this season will be seen as a chance to give some of the U23s a go and make best use of the full squad.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
£30m for a player who will be free in less than 6months! Ok then

Paper talk is hilarious.
Trippier was rumoured to be going to Newcastle for £25 million. Signed for £12 million.
On that basis we might be in the chase :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here