[Albion] Eddie Nketiah

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Certainly looked poor today, but so did the whole of Arsenal - no shots on target!

If we were to bring in somebody I'd prefer to go for Diaz with some deal being done with the two they have on loan. If not, then probably revist the striker situation in the summer.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Looked pony today, if his crazy wage demands are rumoured to be true it's a hard pass from me. Have never been particularly impressed in previous games I've seen him play either

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Looked pony today, if his crazy wage demands are rumoured to be true it's a hard pass from me. Have never been particularly impressed in previous games I've seen him play either

Its got Palace written all over it.. they love paying huge wages for average players

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can't see youngsters on the fringes of the first team at Arsenal (or, for instance, Man.City, United or Liverpool) being on our radar and in our plans for one simpe reason: they are on Arsenal (or City, United or Liverpool) wages. They won't want to take a pay cut (or their agents won't have it). And there are rumours in Nketiah's case that he actually expects to get even more.

I suspect the likes of Lamptey are very much the exception to the rule (and he's not a striker either; they seem to have a different level of expectation). Happy to stick with what we've got (including the wage structure) and our youngsters coming through.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No chance. We won't be remotely interested. Got Palace, Everton and Villa (and Newcastle :lolol:) written all over it.

Felt sorry for Ben White today. No movement. Nobody to pass to. He's not a great defender (the goal :facepalm:) but, FFS, play to his strengths and he'll be great. Stand around like sad trees waiting for autumn and he'll look m'eh :shrug:

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I didn't see the game, but here's a comment on BBC from an Arsenal fan:

'Well played Forest you deserved that. But that ladies & gents - is why Eddie Nketiah is NOT good enough for Arsenal! I hope Arteta can see this now. He missed a good header opportunity late against Everton in the league & exactly the same here again in 58th min. Very poor attempt.'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Frankly I wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick. I think he'd consider he was doing us a favour by coming here on loan, and given the level of his performance and body language this evening, he looks exactly like someone we DON'T need.

As a club, we seem to have moved away from loan deals. And thats no bad thing IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No chance. We won't be remotely interested. Got Palace, Everton and Villa (and Newcastle :lolol:) written all over it.

Felt sorry for Ben White today. No movement. Nobody to pass to. He's not a great defencer (the goal :facepalm:) but, FFS, play to his strengths and he'll be great. Stand around like sad trees waiting for autumn and he'll look m'eh :shrug:

One of the few players who didn’t give the ball away very much. The movement in front of him was a disgrace

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One of the few players who didn’t give the ball away very much. The movement in front of him was a disgrace

Holding couldn't pass wind. He was absolutely shocking.

SHOCKING.

I'm mildly irritated as Arsenal was the last leg of my acca, and was the most odds-on of the lot. Thought I was home and dry after the other 4 came in this afty. How naive I was.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Arteta has confirmed that he’ll be going nowhere this window. He’ll be on a free in the summer with his salary demands, thankfully way out of our reach.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He'll be a superb capture for Palace as they win the chase with Newcastle for his signature for a vastly inflated price and for a salary that blows their already very generous wage structure to smithereens!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Nketiah will never amount to much at this level.
Palace are welcome to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here