Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Eco protestors now vandalising works of art

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So this was a protest to raise awareness. Seems to have worked.

No paintings were harmed I the making of this protest.

Jobs a good un.

I see that the outrageds of Sussex are conveniently ignoring the fact that no harm came to the paintings so they can continue to be outraged.

For the record, the one in Melbourne was carried out by two retired gentlemen so the rallying at the youth is somewhat misguided too.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Perhaps I've got more right wing as I got older but some social I'm sure they are morons

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Jobs a good un.

I see that the outrageds of Sussex are conveniently ignoring the fact that no harm came to the paintings so they can continue to be outraged.

For the record, the one in Melbourne was carried out by two retired gentlemen so the rallying at the youth is somewhat misguided too.

I have changed my mind.

as long as no damage is done to the art .... good on 'em

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Virtually all young people, and older people too, value objects more than people. So you own any objects? Or have you sold them all to save lives in Africa? If you own any unnecessary object, eg. a mobile phone, that costs you money that you could be sending to Africa to save lives - then you value that object more than you value the lives of people in Africa.

It takes a very special sort of person to impoverish themselves to save lives, and very few of us - old or young - are that special.
So . . . Your point here is that if someone owns anything then don't care about people in Africa?

Do you want to rethink this idea?

Sadio Mane recently talked about sending lots of money back to Africa to help his people. Yet he owns a phone (with a cracked screen apparently) and I am guessing some other stuff. How does he fit into your idea here?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What these morons don't understand is the higher the cost of energy - the higher the cost of fertilizers; so farmers either have to increase the price of food they sell to the market or the the less they sell. Either way it means the cost of food increases. Throwing cans of soup at paintings just means there is less available to buy.
:lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The painting was not damaged. The action is on the front pages, plenty of publicity. Good work. If you don't think this is an existential problem for all species try http://co2.earth/ or https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/carbon-dioxide/
We have to find a way to stop burning the fossil fuels that create GHGs & raise temperature asap. It's nearly too late.
It's not on any front pages.

I can't see it reported much in the online editions.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'm not sure just how few brain cells you need to have, to believe that banning oil is a way of reducing people's fuel costs. "You can't afford to heat a can of soup so I'll pay for it" would make sense, "You can't afford to heat a can of soup so I'll cut off your fuel supply" doesn't.
have you missed the point of the protest?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It is worth noting that these people are almost certainly mentally ill.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
milk pours also happened at M&S, Harrods, Fortnum & Masons... spot a pattern? no slumming it at Asda and Lidl for these eco-warriors.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Jobs a good un.

And alienating potential supporters at the same time, that's the problem. It's modern way of doing things, they've learnt it from politicians.

Like politicians, the only people they are talking to is the like minded with a clear plan to upload a video to Twitter.

It's also incredibly lazy. Chain yourself to a BP or Shell Building by all means and I'll back you up.

Throw a tin of soup over a painting ? Waste food ?

It's typical of a certain demographic I'm afraid, attempting to elevate protest to some form of performance art and very very very 6th form politics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here