Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Eco protestors now vandalising works of art

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Attacking paintings by Van Gogh and Constable.

I'm generally pro all things to help climate change, lower pollution and care of fauna/flora.

But l'm against this form of vandalism too. Brainless.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Really, I guess they got the publicity they required.
Far better targets, I guess this was easy, but such are the activists now, just like the rest of society they protest against, just as bad taking the easy option.

Back home safely with their middle class parents tonight.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Really, I guess they got the publicity they required.
Far better targets, I guess this was easy, but such are the activists now, just like the rest of society they protest against, just as bad taking the easy option.

Back home safely with their middle class parents tonight.
You're really going all out to shoe-horn your views on the middle class this week aren't you?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
because its oil painting right?

love it if the gallery just left them there, call it performance art and see how long until they plead to be released.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They're making sacrifices for the cause, no way I would do that. Is there anything in it for them?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I'm not sure just how few brain cells you need to have, to believe that banning oil is a way of reducing people's fuel costs. "You can't afford to heat a can of soup so I'll pay for it" would make sense, "You can't afford to heat a can of soup so I'll cut off your fuel supply" doesn't.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm not sure just how few brain cells you need to have, to believe that banning oil is a way of reducing people's fuel costs. "You can't afford to heat a can of soup so I'll pay for it" would make sense, "You can't afford to heat a can of soup so I'll cut off your fuel supply" doesn't.
I don't know if fuel costs is the priority. I think they're more into the question of saving the planet.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A very odd one this. Their spokesman said "This is not the X-Factor. We are not trying to make friends here, we are trying to make change,"

He then concluded "And this is the way that change happens." Presumably, as cleaners wiped down the glass and everything went back to the way it was before.

Very strange idea for a protest.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They're very confused aren't they. It's a lovely speech, but what she's saying makes no sense at all. It's just a load of muddled nonsense.
ah, that explains the soup, an attempt to loosely conflate their cause with the cost of living.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here