Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Eco protestors now vandalising works of art

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Attacking paintings by Van Gogh and Constable.

I'm generally pro all things to help climate change, lower pollution and care of fauna/flora.

But l'm against this form of vandalism too. Brainless.
This sort of thing makes me want to start oil.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Listen to what she said. FUEL IS UNAFFORDABLE, MAKE LESS FUEL! :facepalm: :lol:

(I'm paraphrasing a bit, obviously)
We had some geriatric protesters at the junction of the A2 and the A251 recently. I was stuck in traffic trying to turn right. One old bag shouted at me through my open window "Do you care about the future of the planet, sir?". I still haven't thought of an appropriate reply

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Reminds me of Bono’s speech as he clapped in time with a time counter “every time someone claps, a child dies of hunger…”

“…Stop clapping then, you barstard!” shouted a heckler in the crowd.

I.E surely donate the soup if your message is many cannot afford? What a waste…and I include the moron’s education in that statement.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think Van Gogh might have enjoyed watching one of his worthless paintings covered in baked beans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hmmmmm......

Hence the act on these particular pieces of art is so relevant. What is the point of revering the works of these artists if you're not going to protect what they painted.

Seems we want protest to be comfortable, conformist, and convenient. History is not going to look back kindly on a generation that resisted change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hence the act on these particular pieces of art is so relevant. What is the point of revering the works of these artists if you're not going to protect what they painted.

Seems we want protest to be comfortable, conformist, and convenient. History is not going to look back kindly on a generation that resisted change.
If I want to save the sunflowers I wouldn't destroy an iconic painting of sunflowers. The idea is idiotic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's back on display. Bit of windolene job done. They intentionally picked a piece of art that wouldn't be damaged by soup. Symbolism and all that doesn't always need to be literal.
Oh well, that's fine then. Not even newsworthy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. Because a protest that doesn't damage anything and gets worldwide news and social media coverage must be really unsuccessful.
Except that I have no idea what they are protesting about, and don't care, because failing to damage a painting after I originally thought the painting was damaged seems dick-ish to me :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Attacking paintings by Van Gogh and Constable.

I'm generally pro all things to help climate change, lower pollution and care of fauna/flora.

But l'm against this form of vandalism too. Brainless.
Apparently, we have missed the point, because no painting was actually damaged, and it was all a publicity stunt on behalf of <look it up and fill in later>. Something to do with saving the planet. I for one certainly feel safer this evening.

(Look, apologies to one or two posters for whom I normally have huge amounts of time for not getting foursquare behind this, but even members of the green party must admit that this sort of thing is hardly likely to sway the opinion of the likes of Truss. Or indeed the likely next prime minister. Or the one after. The sort of bod who is impressed is likely to be favourite for the PM job only after the country has been reduced to smoking rubble and we are living off worms and leaves.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here