Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand lights/ torches ??

D

Deleted member 22389

Everything is sad, if you sing it is sad, if you have flags it is sad, don't dare bring the clackers, then when the stadium ends up like a library people moan about the atmosphere and call people plastics for not singing, you can't win anymore.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What's wrong with it? If people are having a good time at the football then it's not embarrassing it is exactly what it is meant for.

I think it's more embarrassing that you allow it to embarrass you (I realise that this now makes me an embarrassment for allowing the embarrassment of of something I find unembarrassing to embarrass me)

Absolutely. Once something new comes along, like a new chant, and then last night, there is always someone to say it is embarrassing. If this is what fans want, and it was indeed quite novel (though presumably copied from Sheff wed fans at their play-off home leg) adding to the atmosphere in the process, then that is surely to the good. I hadn't seen North Stand Chat for a couple of days, and thought that it might have been organised then, rather like applauding if someone has passed away, but it just seems to have been instinctive -shame that Rotherham fans only had one phone; the industrial heartlands are clearly suffering!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Not miserable, just don't understand why we do nothing original. We are copying exactly what Sheffield Wednesday were doing last season

Well come on then some original ideas please.

Just try having fun and don't worry who did what before us, because somebody did it before them too, and before them, it's what happens

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It started in the SW corner.

That's correct. It began as a few people trying to put off the Rotherham player taking the free kick outside the area and seemed to spread from there to other parts of the ground.

From my vantage point in the east it looked like "a west stand thing" but in the west I guess it must have looked like "an east stand thing".

I thought it was quite an enjoyable moment in a game that was frankly already won, with very little tension and increasingly less happening on the field as the players saw out the victory in a calm and assured manner.

I'll tell my daughter not to do it again, though, in case she embarrasses anyone.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Hate to see the young lads in east that started it lose out on the credit. Trust me, it was them that started almost on kick off, it took ages for even one person anywhere else to copy. They were giggling non stop and could hardly contain themselves when the first phone lit up in response. They were absolutely thrilled when everyone began and it spread. The 'credit' is all there's for certain.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just so we can be clear about this - you were so dismayed at some kids enjoying themselves, messing about with their phones, rather than watching the match, that you whipped out your own phone to take some photographs, so you could post them on the internet the next day?

A close encounter of the blurred kind, no less.

Jan 30, 2008
hate to see the young lads in east that started it lose out on the credit. Trust me, it was them that started almost on kick off, it took ages for even one person anywhere else to copy. They were giggling non stop and could hardly contain themselves when the first phone lit up in response. They were absolutely thrilled when everyone began and it spread. The 'credit' is all there's for certain.

club selling selfy sticks next
regards
DR

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well come on then some original ideas please.

Just try having fun and don't worry who did what before us, because somebody did it before them too, and before them, it's what happens

Ok. Next game lets sing you'll never walk along and hold flags up while we sing it. Then the next game lets all dress in black and sing Ultras songs, complete with tinfoil display. Then the game after... Etc etc

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just so we can be clear about this - you were so dismayed at some kids enjoying themselves, messing about with their phones, rather than watching the match, that you whipped out your own phone to take some photographs, so you could post them on the internet the next day?
Now that IS embarrassing. I'm certainly cringing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
club selling selfy sticks next
regards
DR

Or lightsabers?

light1_3531135b.jpg

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Thought it could be quite offputting to the players though.

Well they don't seem to be put off by the flashing advertising hoardings at pitch level, I don't think some phone lights high in the stands will bother them

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It was a nice addition.

On a different subject - Ring of Fire (as last night) - or The Great Escape (as Forest) - for kick off music?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here