Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early Local Election results - UKIP smashing it

That argument might work if UKIP weren't also taking Labour votes too. They took 10 of the 21 seats in Rotherham, UKIP cost Labour Thurrock Council, took seats off Labour in Bolton and Basildon. You are Comical Ali and I claim my £10.

So this great Ukip upsurge - cost Labour one council? :O

Shall we take a look at how many councils Labour have taken control of?

Crawley
Merton
Redbridge
Cambridge
Croydon
Hammersmith & Fulham
Amber Valley

I'll take being Comical Ali any day over you George Dubya :)

And although Thurrock is a shame, the parlia candidate there is a fantastic ex-Sussex Uni lady who enjoyed her time in Brighton very much - underestimate her in 2015 at your peril.

Jan 30, 2008
Well it's a move in the right direction at last, MAYBE CAMERON/MILLIBAND SHOULD BE THINKING ABOUT BRINGING THE REFERENDUM ON THE EU FORWARD a couple of years, could make it very interesting
regards
DR

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Didn't though did it. Ha, I hear UKIP did quite well in Essex, the home of nitwits and slags. Brilliant. What a party for losers.

Swap the word Essex for Romania, now what do you sound like?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The problem with UKIP supporters is they would forgive Farage if he came up behind Trevor MacDonald live on international Telly with a shovel and stoved his head in while yelling "Take that you black *******". We need a solid party, with competent leadership whom we can trust in to see UKIP off. We won't get it though.

You really don't get it do you ? What next ? A rumour that UKIP and BNP are in merger talks ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The problem with UKIP supporters is they would forgive Farage if he came up behind Trevor MacDonald live on international Telly with a shovel and stoved his head in while yelling "Take that you black *******".

well at least the nibble party line is staying true to its grass roots.

great work:yawn:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Buzzer & Beorhtelm are completely right here. It's time to win the debate rather than mudsling.

It's almost like the main parties have been waiting for Farage to shoot himself in the foot. Perhaps that will happen but it's a fairly risky game to play...

Totally agree. If an interviewer from LBC can do it (and hey London was the worst area for UKIP) then it shouldn't be beyond the ken for the Labour party and indeed even the Tories to actually UKIP on with a debate about policy. It also shouldn't be beyond the rest of the media to ask a few questions either rather than giving UKIP a ridiculous amount of free publicity throughout the campaign.

I suspect however that both the main parties will just try and out UKIP UKIP on the foreigner baiting front rather than concentrate on policies that actually might make things better for people in this country.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The problem with UKIP supporters is they would forgive Farage if he came up behind Trevor MacDonald live on international Telly with a shovel and stoved his head in while yelling "Take that you black *******". We need a solid party, with competent leadership whom we can trust in to see UKIP off. We won't get it though.

No, all we need and will probably now get, is each of the main party's to include an early referendum in their manifesto's, and preferably to state what is their preferred outcome. None of them had any sort of environmental policy until the Greens made a good showing. And give the racist nonsense a rest would you please?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Big news:

BBC Radio Leeds reporter Daragh Corcoran tweets: Access more restricted than normal at #Calderdale count. Returning Officer Merran McCrae says she has concerns over vote fraud

D

Deleted member 22389

Just the sort of ridicolous statements that sent extra votes UKIPs way yesterday.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Apart from on immigration do those who voted UKIP actually know any of the parties others policies?

Sigh ...... yes thank you. You seem to have skipped the main policy though for some reason - the main reason I voted for them.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Former Labour MP Tony Wright has failed in his effort to regain a seat on Great Yarmouth Council in Norfolk, the BBC's Andrew Sinclair reports. Mr Wright was leader of the council before his 13-year stint in Westminster, which ended in 2010. UKIP have gained five seats on the council, our reporter adds.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Sigh ...... yes thank you. You seem to have skipped the main policy though for some reason - the main reason I voted for them.

But you do realise that your vote is for all of their policies, not just the one you feel strongly about. What a stupid thing to say. You agree with them on cutting taxes for the rich, and destroying the NHS? You really support that?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
UKIP have picked up 5 seats so far in the Grimsby area , in all the other wards so far declared they've come 2nd.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
No, all we need and will probably now get, is each of the main party's to include an early referendum in their manifesto's, and preferably to state what is their preferred outcome. None of them had any sort of environmental policy until the Greens made a good showing. And give the racist nonsense a rest would you please?

That's a fair comment , and that's why I voted UKIP ! I will change next year at the GE depends what each party offers at the time , at the moment it is the Tories for me .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here