Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early days ..look like a relagation battle though!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
21-08-2017 17:10 early days but it does look like a relegation battle....urgently required is a top class striker...(i fear hemed and murray are not premier league players),murrays ok but 34 next month so probably cant go on too much longer.

think it will be touch and go whether stay up..there hopefully will be 3 or more teams worse than us..but we MUST start scoring goals asap.

up the albion!!

At least we are off the mark after the 0-0 v Watford and got 1 point which means we are not in the bottom three.

Defence looks ok...keeper leave for a while to judge him....attack is our problem....still no goals scored (its probable Hemed and Baldock are not Premier League strikers)..Murray useful to have around...we ideally need two top notch front men with pace then we should be fine.

FINAL TABLE PREDICTION:

1 man city
2 man utd
3 chelsea
4 liverpool
5 everton
6 arsenal
7 spurs
8 southampton
9 west brom
10 stoke
11 leicester
12 huddersfield
13 swansea
14 west ham
15 watford
16 burnley
17 brighton
18 newcastle
19 bournemouth
20 crystal palace

Are you really going to post the same miserable negative crap every week, I'd read the messages at the end of platforms if I were you as you are not going to make Christmas at this rate let alone May

Nov 5, 2012
chichester
Aside from spending time registering an account on your rivals internet forum, then spending 5 years slowly building up subtle anti-Albion posts and finally, getting the long awaited moment where this great plan of pretending to be an Arsenal fan, as well as an Albion fan, comes to surface..... Goldstone_groover is actually a pretty groovy, cool sort of person.
No one can argue that!

Doesn't that just show how sad and paranoid you are.?Five years is a ****ing long time. Do you not honestly think if I was anything but an Albion fan I would still be on these boards. I'm not a big poster. Too busy unfortunately but I am a season ticket holder and genuine supporter. If you think you're a better fan than me fair play but most of you wankers probably don't even go.

theboybilly

Doesn't that just show how sad and paranoid you are.?Five years is a ****ing long time. Do you not honestly think if I was anything but an Albion fan I would still be on these boards. I'm not a big poster. Too busy unfortunately but I am a season ticket holder and genuine supporter. If you think you're a better fan than me fair play but most of you wankers probably don't even go.

I bet you are busy what with having three clubs to support. That's every Saturday and Sunday sorted until May though eh?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

God; true, living in the north east, I don't go very often, and I do like 'wangling' hmmmmm this is getting too rich for my blood.

I fold.

Well played sir, I mean maaaam errmmm I mean fluidy thingy... of unknown origin.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
To be fair to the OP we have yet to score a goal. Scoring goals is something of a prerequisite for teams wishing to remain in the division. The very best a team can do without scoring goals is 38 points, which would lead to a season long battle against relegation. In this context, the original post is fair.

Moving on, we've played three games and our early fixtures have not been massively kind to us. Our record signing has played 10 minutes. The remaining new signings are still building an understanding. There is more business still to be done. Possibly. Years and years ago Barry Lloyd suggested you needed 22 points from the first 15 to be in a competitive position for playoffs at the end of the year. Regardless of how you view old Barry that's actually a reasonable assessment. It also shows that you need around a third of the season done before you can begin to make informed estimates or where everything is heading. In this context this post could perhaps be just a tad premature.

Nov 5, 2012
chichester
I bet you are busy what with having three clubs to support. That's every Saturday and Sunday sorted until May though eh?

Only two. Thankfully I get to see them play each other this season in what will be an emotional day for me. I will be praying Albion win but if we lose to anyone this season Arsenal is the only day it will hurt less than normal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be fair to the OP we have yet to score a goal. Scoring goals is something of a prerequisite for teams wishing to remain in the division. The very best a team can do without scoring goals is 38 points, which would lead to a season long battle against relegation. In this context, the original post is fair.

Moving on, we've played three games and our early fixtures have not been massively kind to us. Our record signing has played 10 minutes. The remaining new signings are still building an understanding. There is more business still to be done. Possibly. Years and years ago Barry Lloyd suggested you needed 22 points from the first 15 to be in a competitive position for playoffs at the end of the year. Regardless of how you view old Barry that's actually a reasonable assessment. It also shows that you need around a third of the season done before you can begin to make informed estimates or where everything is heading. In this context this post could perhaps be just a tad premature.

All good points but I fear they may be lost amongst the binfest going on in this thread at the moment :lolol:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Only two. Thankfully I get to see them play each other this season in what will be an emotional day for me. I will be praying Albion win but if we lose to anyone this season Arsenal is the only day it will hurt less than normal.

Palace fans praying for an Albion win whilst wanting Arsenal to beat Palace, just proves how crap Palace's support truly is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here