Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight a lotta money! £6,miilion and could be £8.5 million.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I asked Paul Barber if we got promoted and signed new players, would they have a relegation clause in their contracts? He answered that players refuse to sign contracts with relegation clauses in them.
This is the reason why parachute payments were brought in.

on the other thand, the new realities are that the club may have no choice. i dont believe tthey refuse, iirc QPR reported had them in a number of players they signed last year. it works both ways sometimes, the player can leave rather than sully themselves in the Championship.

as for this story... the Guardian version sounds far more realistic (2.75+1.75m), but even that sounds alot.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
What a waste of money. They're better off cleaning the piss off the floors in the away end.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
The only good thing that paper is good for is when you run out of toilet roll.

you're confusing it with the Sun (though i dont know how). i know the original stoy is from the Sun, so clearly you think that ones true, but its just so bonkers shirely you dont believe its that much?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I think you should be confined to barracks .

Eh? What you talking about muppet?

Just watched the paper headlines tomorrow on Sky. Maybe I should ring them up and threaten to sue them as all newspapers are full off shit and the headlines are just make belief trash?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This deal reminds me of the time Delboy managed to sell a Russian video recorder to Dave at the Nag's Head.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Yet again no constructive input from another kermit. Parish bangs on about Brighton are being unrealistic in their price for Bridcutt but you go and blow stupid money on this chap whereas Bridcutt has been outstanding in the top end of the championship but not happy with what we want for him and even thou Premiership clubs get a bumper harvest this season.

Your club want top dollar for your players but you're unwilling to pay what other clubs value their players at.Do one.

bucky777

May 20, 2013
Love how our fans KNOW how much a potential Palace player is going to be paid IF he joins them. Seriously guys get real.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Tabloids papers aren't far of the truth, are they not?

fella, you are embarresing yourself now. its late, its Sunday, lots of beer and sun had, we'll put it down to that. get some sleep, or check the house thread :thumbsup::rave:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Love how our fans KNOW how much a potential Palace player is going to be paid IF he joins them. Seriously guys get real.

I agree bucky and the problem is that press vary so much, that no one really knows the truth and Footsoldier has probably used the same sources for Gayle's transfer and wages, as the Palace fans used for a piss take when we signed CMS and still do I might add.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

You're a Palace troll. You've been a little cleverer than most at hiding it in your posts but you're a Palace troll nonetheless. No point denying it, you've been sussed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here