Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If confirmed.(or at least not.denied by the club) It'll make it easier to say cheerio to "Dunky" that's for sure. What a shame.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
O k....I take back what I said earlier. The Argus have it in the open . I apologise.

Get rid quickly and take what we can. A poncing prima Donna who plays when he feels like it is no good to us.. Unless he was nursing injury and felt he was not fit? But I don't think so.
I heard Bobby Robson say once that you don't only need good players, you need good people!
I agree with that...

Club wouldnt have fined him if he was nursing an injury. Let him stew a bit. He will be fine once the twindow closes if we havent sold him for lots of money

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Refusing to play for your home town club is a very stupid move.

I don't blame him for wanting to secure his future, but I doubt he will be left penny less by the Albion.

TB

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is very easy for an agent to pursuade and manipulate a young player into doing something foolish. As said, I put this down to bad advice, he's been punished, and as far as we know it was just 1 match.

The situation has moved on in the last 2 weeks, and I hope common sense has now prevailed.

If the club is happy, and gets him on a new contract, then hopefully we can draw a line under this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to say that, IMHO, there is a lot of garbage being written on here. So Dunk may well be on his way, good luck to him. He has his future to secure and if that means trebling his wages at Fulham, so be it. If it means going to Newcastle in the Premier League then who would begrudge him that. For some to say we should just get rid, then clearly you have no understanding of the way the window works. If Newcastle are watching what happens, we are likely to get a bigger fee from them than Fulham. Surely the Ulloa sale last year shows what the club can achieve by holding their nerve.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Annoying seeing the title of this thread on the front page everyday. The worst form of gossip/itk bull shit.

ha, that showed me.

Poor from Dunk.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He has made a mistake but CH has said several times that he is still very committed.

I say give him another chance - pick him tomorrow night and see what happens. If he refuses again, he's an idiot.

I'd rather pick a player that deserves the place. Goldson is clearly the future, so start him.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
just because naylor says it, its suddenly a fact??

there is no source in that article at all.

he may well have refused to play, but not quite sure why naylor's word is suddenly gospel on here, when he has got everything else spectacularly wrong so far

In this case I think that you will find it is.
Cannot imagine the Club taking this lightly should it be totally untrue.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Anyone who earns more than 5 grand a week and refuses to do their job should have a very good reason to do so.

Wanting to move to Fulham... in my opinion... is not a good reason to do so.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'd rather pick a player that deserves the place. Goldson is clearly the future, so start him.

Both Greer and Uwe could do with a break - Greer especially. I would preferably play Dunk and Rea. By offering a new contract, the club have clearly forgiven Dunk so pick him tomorrow and see what happens. Give him a chance to redeem himself - he may still leave this window of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here