Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Given that Dunk is on a relatively modest contract and we have him tied for a further 3 years, I feel like the club is in the driving seat on this one, unless of course we need the money to cover our expenditure during this window.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I only want players here that genuinely want to be here.

Don't talk with the majority of modern football players then, I would think that more than half our squad would move to the premiership in an instance how ever much they love the club, Ulloa was in this position. However a move to the premiership is a life changing thing, especially when injury could stop your career at every moment and that the media exposure gives you the opportunity to do countless things, including charity work.

The club has released countless amounts of local talented players, two of whom are centre backs and now playing in the premiership. I don't want Dunk to go but from a club perspective its great for our academy to show our players can play at the top of world football, and I imagine the profit could play for three seasons of the academy centre (I think running costs are about £2.75 million a year).

I can see how people take this stuff personally, I don't like it but its modern football, TB will be playing hard nose and we can't lose, get the right fee and Houghton keeps building and bringing in talent, if it fails we still have a strong competitive squad and go for some loan signings.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He was offered and signed a new 4 year contract last summer. Albion's wage bill overall is not modest given that its £20m+ and routinely in the top 10 or thereabouts of all Championship clubs.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28490368
https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/634678691293986816

however its relatively modest compared to clubs with parachute payments (eg: Fulham)
I wasn't referring to the rest of the team, more so Dunk, whom I'm guessing isn't one of our highest earners.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I wasn't referring to the rest of the team, more so Dunk, whom I'm guessing isn't one of our highest earners.

I've no idea but agreed a Championship team with parachute payments like Fulham or a Premier League team if interested would be able to offer him a wage increase above his existing contract.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The phrase 'shitting on your own doorstep' comes to mind. A bit sad really that a local player that's come through the academy etc would act in this way, especially when it's presumably over the interest of a club in the same league as us that are 8 points behind us already (doesn't mean much at this stage I know, but they haven't exactly had an encouraging start). Even if there is interest from a Premier League side- whilst you can't blame him for wanting to play PL football- burning your bridges is a risky move considering the grass is certainly not always greener (see Bridcutt, Buckley).

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this info has been leaked by his agent, and if that is the case there is no way he is signing the contract we have offered.

Oh and [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] #ITK :wave:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I've no idea but agreed a Championship team with parachute payments like Fulham or a Premier League team if interested would be able to offer him a wage increase above his existing contract.

More importantly what they can offer the Albion a big fee that meets their assessment of what improves the club and its chances of processing up the league.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
1) New defender, transfer talk is disrupting his concentration
2) It's not going to go away if you keep adding to it.
3) No evidence. More evidence against as he's actually available to play on the bench.

I guess it depends on what you want to read into it.

Annoying seeing the title of this thread on the front page everyday. The worst form of gossip/itk bull shit.

*Waves*

Can't feel smug about this one, though. Just a little sad. Let's hope he saw sense when the club had words about his conduct.
[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] was bang on about the fine.

Last edited:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Gets paid thousands a week then refuses to do his job. Too bloody right in fining him. Explains why he has been dropped to the bench since

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't talk with the majority of modern football players then, I would think that more than half our squad would move to the premiership in an instance how ever much they love the club, Ulloa was in this position. However a move to the premiership is a life changing thing, especially when injury could stop your career at every moment and that the media exposure gives you the opportunity to do countless things, including charity work.

The club has released countless amounts of local talented players, two of whom are centre backs and now playing in the premiership. I don't want Dunk to go but from a club perspective its great for our academy to show our players can play at the top of world football, and I imagine the profit could play for three seasons of the academy centre (I think running costs are about £2.75 million a year).

I can see how people take this stuff personally, I don't like it but its modern football, TB will be playing hard nose and we can't lose, get the right fee and Houghton keeps building and bringing in talent, if it fails we still have a strong competitive squad and go for some loan signings.

Good post.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Still can't see the club wanting to sell to Fulham unless way over the odds.

Seems daft to go to Fulham aswell at this point (yeah I know money) Kit will get the sack soon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still can't see the club wanting to sell to Fulham unless way over the odds.

Seems daft to go to Fulham aswell at this point (yeah I know money) Kit will get the sack soon.
It would be excellent for the club to send a strong message to Championship rivals like Fulham and Derby that they are wasting their time bidding for our better players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here