Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You've definately put your nob on the chopping board with this one For your sake I hope you are right :lolol:
I hope he's wrong, I couldn't give a shit about TSB's knob.

I agree that we should offer him a better deal to stay, but I wouldn't expect a defender to be on that much. Much of Dunk's value is in the fact that he's still young with potential. If the average wage is 10k pw, that takes into account those coming down from the PL on inflated wages, and also strikers, I wouldn't expect defenders at Dunk's level to be on that much. If we give him too big a pay rise, captain Greer would also be after more etc, it would be a can of worms the club can't afford.

You may well be right. I certainly agree we should not have one player - any player - being paid significantly more than other players of a broadly similar quality, that leads to an unsettled dressing room. If we signed Messi that would be a different matter but we need a wage structure and we need to stick to it, which we do seem to.

But the bottom line is none of us know what wages a given player is on or what he is being offerd. Someone says XYZ has been offerd 25k a week and some people take it as gospel. I bet Paul Barber must have a laugh at some of the stuff he reads on here and in the press!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

it's hard being a footie fan isn't it! It would be horrible to see Dunk leave, for all the reasons others have said. BUT, we are a Club that has always been that way, and it was horrible seeing Peter Ward go, Bobby Z, Danny Cullip, Buckley, Ulloa - somehow we are still here and have found others to fall in love with. It always feel's more acceptable if a player moves "up" a league, because we can kid ourselves that it is a good opportunity, but as a Club, assuming the right money is on the table, then we will sell. Dunk is one of our crown jewels at the moment, and hence he will be courted by other Clubs keen on either getting value for money (Potential for relatively small outlay if it is the PL) or desperate ("Big" Club with Parachute payments who simply need to get back to the PL asap). The difficulty for us as fans is that our whole long term strategy is built up on this model - see Southampton and Swansea.. and of course it does happen the other way around. No doubt Charlton fans were disappointed to lose Dale Stephens, for example. We all get it, but it still hurts..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But the bottom line is none of us know what wages a given player is on or what he is being offerd. Someone says XYZ has been offerd 25k a week and some people take it as gospel. I bet Paul Barber must have a laugh at some of the stuff he reads on here and in the press!
I bet he pulls his hair out.

???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think we should freeze this thread until 3.00 tomorrow. let's be honest - none of us has the faintest idea and until Dunk publicly does a Bridcutt we should be supporting one of our best.

Agree entirely......... But keep meaning to ask you an important question. Is it Kit's knee or John's knee? :lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Maybe its the club ,refusing to play him,just in case he gets badly injured.

Its hardly De Gea is it ? He was man of the match last Friday sliding about the pitch like there was no tomorrow. And played a hefty part in the Sevilla victory.
This whole thread has already been debunked anyway. He's on the coach and in the squad for Fulham according to several witnesses /sources and the club have publicly hinted likewise.

They might sell him, who knows, but thankfully no player strikes or wrapping him in cotton wool just yet.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Its hardly De Gea is it ? He was man of the match last Friday sliding about the pitch like there was no tomorrow. And played a hefty part in the Sevilla victory.
This whole thread has already been debunked anyway. He's on the coach and in the squad for Fulham according to several witnesses /sources and the club have publicly hinted likewise.

They might sell him, who knows, but thankfully no player strikes or wrapping him in cotton wool just yet.

Totally this.
Can we all just calm down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here