Dullest?crappiest towns you've spent time in?...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Luton...just horrible

Bungle

Nov 28, 2007
Tunbridge Wells
Kent has lots of soul destroying places to be honest: Gillingham is far from alone in that respect.

How about Sittingbourne? Dover? Dartford. Thanet. The Isle of Sheppey. Ramsgate. Margate. Chatham. Gravesend. Erith. Bromley. Bexleyheath. Hythe.

Lots of rubbish options to choose from.

Add Tunbridge Wells to the list! :down:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
1 Newhaven
2 Margate
3 Bridgwater
4 Dingwall, Invergordon or substitute any of those grey Scottish towns that form the mainstay of Jeremy Kyle guests

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Liskeard and Cambourne . Both in Cornwall and have declined massivly with the lack of industry down there. (they are definatly not tourist towns!)

Don't think either would claim to be tourist towns, either. Just places where local people live because they can't afford to live anywhere else. Nowhere near as bad as they're painted, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Canterbury & Southampton as a student.
Although the former is historic, both had so little to offer socially.
Southampton, although just about a city (unlike the massive Shoreham to Brighton conurbation), is a really boring dump, with an ugly concrete centre after the Luftwaffe destroyed the old.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Lots of places in the south east where the locals obsess about property prices but not very much happens. The thread said dullest! I'm not sure that places like Middlesbrough are actually dull. And whats wrong with flattening half of your town anyway?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Keighley. An awful place, bizarre how somewhere stuck in the middle of some beautiful countryside can be so morbidly SHIT. Plus it's in Yorkshire.
Bradford. I spent 5 years there, thinking it was kind've cool in a run down urban sort of way. But it isn't and never has been. It is a dire hell hole whose only redeeming feature is a plethora of curry houses. Plus it's in Yorkshire.

However I have also lived in Yeovil. That place has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's like Croydon in Somerset, but without any of the good bits of Croydon.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Burslem-Port Vale on one of the days when we sealed promotion -Watto special. Asked one of her majesty's finest if there was anywhere we could get something to eat. His reply-"mate, you have come to the A...hole of the Universe!" He was right-you could buy a street for thirty grand! Having said that, we did find a great curry house!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Erdington in Birmingham lived there for a year what a shitting stinking pikey hole that is !!!

How VERY dare you! I was born there. :cry:

Tbh it's hardly the nicest place on planet Earth, but at least it's a damned-sight better than 'The Rock' (as in Alum); Nechells & Hawkesley - to name but 3 utter pits...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports