Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dullest?crappiest towns you've spent time in?...

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yeah, Luton. And just up the road, Bedford. Oh, and in-between Leagrave. All hellholes.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Cumbernauld Scottish weather combined with new town grey. The definition of dull and depressing. At least utter shitholes have some defining points, even if it is just their shitiness.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
another vote for Bedford, 6 months 94/95

when I was there they had a Man U supporters shop in the High Street

a period of my life that will only be remembered for Stuart Munday's goal against Leicester and sexual intercourse with a girl called "Virginia"

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Much as I don't want to put down my current home city, Bradford has really declined over the past 20yrs, the city centre is terrible (they keep promising to regenerate) its been a victim of the success of Leeds which draws in all the shoppers and diners / drinkers etc.
Oldham and Keighley are fairly horrendous too!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Milton Keynes, went out in a cab on a Tuesday night once when working away, we drove all around the town centre, EVERYWHERE was shut so went straight back to the hotel bar. (stony Stratford is superb just outside)

Wick in northern Scotland. Dog shit, empty shops, dirty drinking dens. End of the world type place, and this was in summer. Thurso up the road was similar although had a bit more going on.

Absolutely, one hundred percent stonking great THIS for Wick - went there on a weekday and at 17:31 the streets were deserted - I thought that they were shooting an "apocalypse" movie there. Thurso wasn't so bad in a "would you rather be shot or poisoned" sort of way.

Did a tour of the Scottish West Coast a few years back and made the mistake of staying in John 'o Groats for 3 days - would definitely qualify if it was a town, in fact not entirely sure what it is other than a dump. We should have stayed longer in Ullapool which is a lovely little port in a stunning setting.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Sidcup takes some beating.

This is what it used to look like 100 or so years ago.
Kent,%20Sidcup,%20Frognal%20Avenue.jpg

This is it now.
874375_3edafabd.jpg

Progress?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Milton Keynes, went out in a cab on a Tuesday night once when working away, we drove all around the town centre, EVERYWHERE was shut so went straight back to the hotel bar. (stony Stratford is superb just outside)

Me and the mrs had an acting job in Penrith last summer and it was okay but dull so we went looking for the Withnail and I locations. We found out that none of it was filmed there but in fact mostly filmed in Stony Stratford of all places!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Spent a week in Preston on work assignment many years ago - very very very COLD very very very boring.

(don't like Blackpool either but marginally more interesting)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Gillingham
Stevenage
Luton
Milton Keynes/Bletchley
Coventry
Grimsby
Birkenhead
Oldham
Bradford

All of which were f***ing depressing places. Could also throw in Swindon, just because it's so f*cking boring.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Telford has to be the most boring, souless places I have been to, where the local community who dare to venture out gather round its one and only nightspot, McDonalds.

I was horrified by Burgess Hill when I went into the town centre recently, sorry but awful place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here