Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dullest?crappiest towns you've spent time in?...

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Lol... I'm from there and the merseyway shopping centre down the hill from the station has ALWAYS been the grimest place on earth! Close to Manchester though which is a fantastic place to be and same distance the other way puts you in the most beautiful part of Cheshire, so swings and roundabouts.

Theres a fantastic pub in Stockport, can't remember its name, though I think its has got close to being CAMRA pub of the year on a few occasions.

Plus, hasn't the station got a platform 0?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It belongs to Britain so it counts.....Gibraltar
And the last Spanish town before you get into Gibraltar, i think its called La Paz was horrible, the locals all had leprosy.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Something iv'e never understood is why are a load of houses built within the last 50 years in Scotland, northern England, Wales, Devon and Cornwall grey? When the weathers shit (which is most of the time) they just add to the gloom, im sure they contribute to depression, i mean whats it all ABOUT? Why dont they make them bright pink or flurescent yellow or something to lift the mood?
Completely agree, I live on the Devon/Cornwall border, you drive through the most beautiful countryside or the most dramatic coastal scenery through lovely villages and the houses built to expand these places are boxes finished in grey render. A classic example is the wonderful Padstow or Port Issac, you could argue that cheaper housing is needed for the locals but a little more thought in the design to blend in with the surroundings was needed.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It belongs to Britain so it counts.....Gibraltar
And the last Spanish town before you get into Gibraltar, i think its called La Paz was horrible, the locals all had leprosy.

I used to go to Gib once a month with work... Once you bought cheap fags and booze, there really isn't anything to do.

The locals generally refuse to mix with the ex-pat community so half the town just ignore you.

La Linea is the Spanish town on the other side of the border and they tolerate Gib for one reason only and that's so they can drive across the border, fill up with cheap petrol and go home.

The Gibraltarians will use any excuse to have a holiday and make even the most fervent patriot from here look like a cheese-eating, surrender monkey, capitulator! Commonwealth day... holiday, Gibraltar day... holiday, Queen's Birthday... unofficial holiday, etc etc!

Strangest airport in the world though.... there's a level crossing over runway where the road to Spain crosses it. Cars wait at the barrier (a chain dragged across by the police) while planes land and take off!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Having to spend time in King's Lynn at present.Apart from a few streets and a square that remain of the Old Town which is lovely (but currently taken over with the fairground and it's scum) the place is one dive, populated by some very, very, very odd people.

Anyone want to share with the group?

Newhaven

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Not just Middlesbrough, but Grange Town in Middlesbrough is really windswept, with half the buildings burned out.

I used to work for a northern Housing Association. Our offices there were in a Portakabin inside a cage. When they went to install the security cameras, they got nicked!

Plus, hasn't the station got a platform 0?
It has indeed, in fact it threw me on my return from my mother's after Christmas because I couldn't work out what the O stood for. I would have worked it out quicker had they named it Platform ½!

2313313_80230ef8.jpg
!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here