Driving offence; advice sought

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Bluejuice said:
I got pulled by the pigs jumping a red coming off the M25 a couple of months back and because I couldn't find my paper counterpart licence they wouldn't take the rest of my docs or the fine money. Instead they told me it would go to court.

This was in October and I've still yet to hear anything. Have they forgotten or does it normally take this long? At least they missed my insurance renewal so I've not had to declare these potential points, affecting my premium.

If your lucky, and I think you have been, you'll never hear a peep . . .I got pulled, got a 7 day wonder, went to pig sty to show docs, with no MOT . . .they said you'll hear and it'll go to court . . . . never heard anything, and that was in 1993 :clap2:

most of them are too f***ing thick and lazy to fill in forms and paperwork, another reason why they get cameras and machines to do it all now

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Scotty M said:
doubt anything will happen - after all, kaney never got anything through despite going 80mph in a 50mph limit, in roadworks in heavy fog:jester:

t'was only 70, i'd be stupid to go any faster in FOG :lolol:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Amazing. I didn't realise that grown ups still called the police "pigs". I stopped that when I was about 12, sounded too much like hippy-talk. Always makes me think of Neil from the Young Ones.???

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
The chances of you being summonsed for this offence are very very very minimal.

In any case the police would have to summonse you within 14 days of the period.

If you dont believe me look at my username, it gives you a clue...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
PC BHA said:
The chances of you being summonsed for this offence are very very very minimal.

In any case the police would have to summonse you within 14 days of the period.

If you dont believe me look at my username, it gives you a clue...

Do you take kindly to being called a pig or filth:nono: :nono: :nono:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Afternoon officer :wave:

NSC has a regressive effect on most of the 'grown ups' that do post on here :p

I know a few policmen/ex policemen but I've never heard their take on traffic offences etc. it would be interesting as we all break the law one way or another at some time.

IMO its got to the stage where driving on the road is rarely any fun so I went racing instead, safer and legal, it also works superbly at getting the urge out of your system

can't say I've ever done anything like reverse down a motorway before though

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Kaney said:
t'was only 70, i'd be stupid to go any faster in FOG :lolol:

if you say so:)

D

Drips

Arthritic Toe said:
Even if its on cctv I suspect that there wont be a high enough resolution to identify your number plate - you're in the clear!

Maybe but have you seen whats coming out next year?
Big Brother is watching you

They'll be able to track everyones every move, speed, patterns of driving, the lot.
If you drive, you're :censored: ed

Easy 10 said:
You'll probably appear on Worlds Stupidest Drivers, and have that snidey self-righteous ex-sheriff come out with:

"And how about this guy, from London England. He's missed his exit, but unbelievably, he stops on the turnpike exit stripes, waits till he thinks its clear, and then takes the exit anyway. He thinks he's saving time - but all he's doin' is saving himself a whole heap of trouble. He'll have plenty of time to save later - in the county jail...."

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

John Wayne's son does all that kind of stuff.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Mr C said:
Then he's a twat :rolleyes:

no hes not - i got it wrong ,it was 70:jester:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle C said:
Do you take kindly to being called a pig or filth:nono: :nono: :nono:

Sticks, stones, water, duck's backs etc.

Re the police not accepting your photo licence for an on the spot ticket- this is to do with the fact that they can't give out penalties that include points if it could mean the driver exceeding the 12 point threshold for a mandatory ban.

Thus if you didn't have the paper counterpart licence (and who does?), they couldn't tell how many points you already had, and therefore wouldn't be able to issue you with a fixed penalty notice in case it sent you over 12 points. They'd more than likely report you for summons instead.

I'm guessing from your little motorway problem that your current licence isn't exactly pristine

:lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I still can't believe you stopped on a motorway :dunce:

You're lucky they're not still scraping your remains out of the inside lane after some HGV driver having a little evening snooze at the wheel ploughed into the back of your motor :eek:

Sad to say it's more common than you'd think.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Drips said:
Maybe but have you seen whats coming out next year?
Big Brother is watching you

They'll be able to track everyones every move, speed, patterns of driving, the lot.
If you drive, you're :censored: ed

Already in use. Mobile versions are already deployable as part of the anti-terrorism drive: registration scan, satellite uplinks to a national database of wanted vehicles. Very clever stuff, proven to work as well. Main system is owned by the Welsh forces, but they loan it out occasionally. It looks like a mobile safety camera, but it has a sky-type dish as well - normally backed up with a couple of police motorcyclists, and cars.

Stopped at a crash a little while back, lorry driver had dozed off, and had run into the back of a low-loader. The back of the low-loader had come through the front of his cab and amputated his legs. He was in such shock he was more concerned about the cut on his nose where he had headbutted the steering wheel. Add to that the 7 other vehicles that had been swiped, and the one that went under his trailer, and you have blood, snot, petrol and chaos. Took them ages to cut him out.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The ANPR system has some uses though, regardless of people moaning about speed traps.

The Met identified the three men responsible for killing that PC in Bradford through ANPR cameras. When they drove the car used in the raid through the congestion charge zone, the cameras then picked up the index that West Yorks police had circulated.

Similarly, I think some of the 7/7 terrorists were identified partly by the technology used.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports