Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving offence; advice sought

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
A couple of evenings ago I was in a car heading on the M4 out of London, looking to turn off to the M25. We left it too late to turn into the left lane to get to the M25 and ended up driving and stopping in the area dividing the lanes with white diagonal line markings. From there we moved into the M25 exit lane, when it was clear.

A stupid mistake, no attempt at excuses, but what are the chances of this being caught on CCTV and a prosecution resulting?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
You may get your 5 seconds of fame on "Drivers From Hell"

:lolol: :lolol:

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Probably caught on the CCTV cameras but I wouldn't worry too much.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I wouldn't have thought they would bother with that. I think you'll be fine and dandy

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
18 Month ban, plus 180 hours community service for one of my best mates - exactley the same offence on exactley the same junction.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
relax, as Bakesy said . . .the worst that can happen is a little public humiliation.

the only potential danger was avoided by you stopping and waiting till it was safe . . . .you wouldn't want an artic lorry up your jacksie at 60 mph !:eek:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You'll probably appear on Worlds Stupidest Drivers, and have that snidey self-righteous ex-sheriff come out with:

"And how about this guy, from London England. He's missed his exit, but unbelievably, he stops on the turnpike exit stripes, waits till he thinks its clear, and then takes the exit anyway. He thinks he's saving time - but all he's doin' is saving himself a whole heap of trouble. He'll have plenty of time to save later - in the county jail...."

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
TrevorDove said:
18 Month ban, plus 180 hours community service for one of my best mates - exactley the same offence on exactley the same junction.

was he smacked out of his head at the same time in a stolen car per chance ?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there a time limit on which you must receive a letter if you are 'flashed' by a speed camera. I was, going through LimehouseTunnel on the way to Boxing from Reading game but a mate said that if I dont hear about it within 2 weeks I wont.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Is there a time limit on which you must receive a letter if you are 'flashed' by a speed camera. I was, going through LimehouseTunnel on the way to Boxing from Reading game but a mate said that if I dont hear about it within 2 weeks I wont.

My belief is that if you get notice after two weeks it will be invalid or you will be able to successfuly contest or summink like that.

Unfortunately mine came through the box on the last day and I got my three points. Got rid of them though by trading my licence in for an Irish one. The downside is that I'm no longer allowed to drive a tractor :down:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
munster monch said:
My belief is that if you get notice after two weeks it will be invalid or you will be able to successfuly contest or summink like that.

A Notice of Intended Prosecution has to be served within 14 days, so in theory it could reach you a week later (e.g. if it was delayed in the post) and it would still be valid. In practice, if you haven't heard within the 14 day time frame, and you receive an NIP, you'll almost certainly get it dropped.

Last edited:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Easy 10 said:
You'll probably appear on Worlds Stupidest Drivers, and have that snidey self-righteous ex-sheriff come out with:

"And how about this guy, from London England. He's missed his exit, but unbelievably, he stops on the turnpike exit stripes, waits till he thinks its clear, and then takes the exit anyway. He thinks he's saving time - but all he's doin' is saving himself a whole heap of trouble. He'll have plenty of time to save later - in the county jail...."
:lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
doubt anything will happen - after all, kaney never got anything through despite going 80mph in a 50mph limit, in roadworks in heavy fog:jester:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:

:lolol:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I got pulled by the pigs jumping a red coming off the M25 a couple of months back and because I couldn't find my paper counterpart licence they wouldn't take the rest of my docs or the fine money. Instead they told me it would go to court.

This was in October and I've still yet to hear anything. Have they forgotten or does it normally take this long? At least they missed my insurance renewal so I've not had to declare these potential points, affecting my premium.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Bluejuice said:
I got pulled by the pigs jumping a red coming off the M25 a couple of months back and because I couldn't find my paper counterpart licence they wouldn't take the rest of my docs or the fine money. Instead they told me it would go to court.

This was in October and I've still yet to hear anything. Have they forgotten or does it normally take this long? At least they missed my insurance renewal so I've not had to declare these potential points, affecting my premium.

they'l be too busy booking people doing 31mph:angry:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Jumped a red light in October, followed by an illegal manouvre on a motorway in December.
Not doing very at this driving thing are we:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here