Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinking in seats

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Leave the beer luzzing on the concourse by the 18-25 year olds, at least others can avoid them when they are enjoying themselves, I honestly don’t want to be covered in Fosters when I’m watching a match.

Yes i am a grumpy b***** sometimes :annoyed:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Limited to just 2 pints per reveller.

Could even be one pint. The law is absolutely barmy, I remember being told by a steward at QPR to move just in case I was seen from the pitch even though I was standing against the back wall of the concourse (agreed it's not very deep). Not sure what it was supposed to stop especially if other threads are to be believed that most of the trouble makers are actually taking cocaine or such like.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
It would be simple to say you can take your drink to your seat before kick off, during half time or after the game but NOT during play. Doesn't stop people going for a wee but that is probably likely to happen anyway if they are drinking.

Possibly less likely to have to go for a wee if people can take their drink with them rather than downing it in the 5minutes between finally reaching the bar and having to go back to their seat at the end of half time.

Leaving the bars open throughout is a separate issue and would be a terrible idea.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is specific discrimination against football fans and the law should be changed. it's ridiculous

I quite like the current situation to be honest. Otherwise people will be up and down getting beers and pisses in every five minutes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Leave the beer luzzing on the concourse by the 18-25 year olds, at least others can avoid them when they are enjoying themselves, I honestly don’t want to be covered in Fosters when I’m watching a match.

Yes i am a grumpy b***** sometimes :annoyed:

This is a very good point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Could even be one pint. The law is absolutely barmy, I remember being told by a steward at QPR to move just in case I was seen from the pitch even though I was standing against the back wall of the concourse (agreed it's not very deep). Not sure what it was supposed to stop especially if other threads are to be believed that most of the trouble makers are actually taking cocaine or such like.

On that last point, the combo of alcohol and cocaine often seems a catalyst. After reading the autobios of some famous ex addicts. [Saving you from being targeted by the nsc legalise all narcotics lobby].

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Football attendees are different to those at most other sports events.

Sadly, x percent have something about them where trouble is never far away. CCTV, segregation and these laws keep a lid on it.

Affecting innocent others.

Like say Boxing, where there is never any fighting as a result of drunk fans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I’m pretty sure I saw fans at the euros drinking beer at their seats in every stadium apart from Wembley and Hampden.

I think this is a UK thing as one of the striking things was in the Euros seeing people with beer at their seats. Apart from Wembley and Hamden

Was it a thatcher edict?

Yoda

English & European
Football attendees are different to those at most other sports events.

Sadly, x percent have something about them where trouble is never far away. CCTV, segregation and these laws keep a lid on it.

Affecting innocent others.

But why is it only at Football? Based from the chants, a large section of football fans attend (from the top of my head) Cricket & Darts events without any issue.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Watching all the Euro pricks throwing beer in the air whenever we scored Id say leave it as it is.

Not that Brighton score much.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like say Boxing, where there is never any fighting as a result of drunk fans.

Drunks do clash at fight nights. Obviously not every time.

The last event we went to at the Metropole in 2019, a running battle took place in the hall and in the corridor near the loos. Blood everywhere. Supporters of rival fighters, nasty stuff, NOT over in seconds.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

That story relates to people being allowed to bring their own alcohol into Lord's, and relatively early closure of the bars, due to the intention to create a happy-clappy atmosphere suitable for the whole family at Hundred matches. As far as I know there's not been anything that would be considered crowd trouble by football standards, although I'll admit I'm not registered to the Telegraph so can't read the whole article. I have seen articles covering similar ground elsewhere though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its not a club decision, but a legal one regarding alcohol at football grounds, until the law of the land changes, and as we all know good sense and the law of the land do not necessarily go together

The legacy of Thatcher and Evans lingers long.

Ironic that the twats that would soon ruin it if we could take a beer to our seat absolutely adore Thatcher :shrug:

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I actually like being forced to take a break from drinking while I enjoy the match.
I'm not sure I would like the idea of a pissed bloke walking behind me with four pints in his hands for his mates either.
I often see people spilling there own pint as they stumble along the concourse.
Also not fair as others have said to be covered in beer when we score.
I imagine there would also be an increase in belching on the terraces during the match too which I'm not a fan of.
I think it's quite nice to know the concourse is for having a beer and the terrace is for enjoying the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here