Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinking in seats

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Those same blokes would not behave the same way in their seat at The Amex as it just wouldn’t be socially acceptable, knowing the impact they might have on an old lady or little kid.

I wouldn't put it past some of the little old ladies I've seen in Brighton to start throwing their beer in the air as well

Jimmy Grimble

It was so hot that 2018 world cup summer wasn't it, and tournaments are summer things.

All what you've said, but how many people will queue up, part with just shy of £5 for a beer, then after all that throw it around? I mean, I'm pretty excitable, but where beer is involved if we score, I will carefully place my pint under my seat...then celebrate*.:lolol:

*VAR makes this even more likely...

Likewise. When you have a beer in a ground, you can generally sense when it’s a good time to be drinking and when it’s a good time to stick it under your seat.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I agree most people at the amex would probably not be beer luzzers if a goal went in but I still expect a lot of spillage.
From an accidental perspective there would certainly be a few wet backs from spills behind and also the waterfall effect we already see with bottles of lidless come being kicked over when placed on the floor,except this time it's pints of beer.
And as I've said already it's the carrying of the pints back to the seats will mean a lot of people in the row in front being dripped on as the persons make there way back to their seats.

These are potentially common accidents that will happen but add to that there will always be one or two prats who will actually lob all there pints in the air.

And of course the main reason for the ban is to limit the amount of extreme drunkenness by people who either can't handle their drink or have drunk too much.
Its nice to start drinking before a match and having a few more after but I think if fans were allowed to continue drinking during the match then it would be carnage after the match and would have a knock on effect in the towns too as fans go out for the evening.

I used to think it was annoying that we couldn't drink whereas other sports can but now I can see the problems of relaxing it and I'm actually quite happy as it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here