Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drink driver jailed after killing a pedestrian

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He was in that state behind the wheel of one of these:-

images (16).jpeg

At least the judge saw it for what it was and he got 8 years.

I appreciate this isn't going to help my campaign to get us all, who can, riding to the AMEX.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Should be no tolerance for drink driving at all. Anyone caught should be instantly disqualified from driving for a very long time IMHO. Possibly jail time too. Absolutely no excuse.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The law needs to change regarding causing death while under the influence so it’s considered at least as serious as manslaughter and maybe even murder and the sentencing reflect this.

In the case referenced here the bloke will be out on licence in 4 years providing he behaves himself while locked up. That’s nothing for robbing a 20 year old of her future.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've never understood why any amount of alcohol is permitted when operating a vehicle. Any amount of alcohol while driving should result in an instant ban. Can't stand drink/drug drivers, absolute scum.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolute scumbag....should have got more than 8 years. Not sure what relevance the make/type of car has though
Cos it's 4 tonnes of metal that can go 0-60 in under 10 seconds, topping out at 120+mph with that absolute scumbag behind the wheel, probably on his own, completely safe as he's surrounded by airbags.

I know I (we) should be immune to the regularity of this, but somehow I still convince myself a drunk driver is some weapon who stupidly had 'one pint too many', I have no idea why I do that.

So obviously this rather shocked me out of my naivety as he's driving because he was seemingly incapable of walking.
At which point I circle back to the car because despite everything he's fine but the innocent 20 year old is dead.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cos it's 4 tonnes of metal that can go 0-60 in under 10 seconds, topping out at 120+mph with that absolute scumbag behind the wheel, probably on his own, completely safe as he's surrounded by airbags.

I know I (we) should be immune to the regularity of this, but somehow I still convince myself a drunk driver is some weapon who stupidly had 'one pint too many', I have no idea why I do that.

So obviously this rather shocked me out of my naivety as he's driving because he was seemingly incapable of walking.
At which point I circle back to the car because despite everything he's fine but the innocent 20 year old is dead.
Don’t disagree, but the outcome would have been bad if he’d been in a Fiesta.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Don’t disagree, but the outcome would have been bad if he’d been in a Fiesta.
We'll never know but a small car might have been easier to handle, easier to scrub off speed and less likely to mount the kerb smoothly.

Its a horrible event. Poor kid.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In her victim personal statement, Fenella’s mother Margaret said: “Every day I sob, when I wake up, throughout the day at random times with seemingly no reason and when I go to bed at night. I picture her walking along, so happy carrying sunflowers for me and then being hit by the car. I sob because I will never see Fenella again, I will never see her radiant smile or hear her laugh, I will never talk with her about her day or about her plans for the future, I will never help cheer her up when she is sad or gossip with her, I will never go on long walks with her again…I will never be able to sit with her in front of our fire…it will never be the same again.

“I sob for the future that she doesn't have because a drunken man chose to get into a car, knowing that this was a weapon that could kill someone, and indeed it did it killed my 20-year-old daughter. She was a young adult beginning her life and her bright future was taken out in a few seconds because of someone who did not think or did not care. I sob because she was so happy: she was so lovely inside and out she was so alive and now she isn't here, and never will be again. I never had a chance to say goodbye.”

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Surprised it was 8 years. We hear reports of people killing pedestrians with their cars and walking out of court with a fine. To me, even 8 years isn't enough but better than nothing.
Sentencing changed in June this year for offences such as these. Can now be a life sentence for death by dangerous driving.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The poor parents of that young lady, she was the same age as my daughter. I have a low tolerance of alcohol so will not have any if I am going to be driving. I hope he spends every moment of the rest of his life regretting the decision to get in that car in that state.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In her victim personal statement, Fenella’s mother Margaret said: “Every day I sob, when I wake up, throughout the day at random times with seemingly no reason and when I go to bed at night. I picture her walking along, so happy carrying sunflowers for me and then being hit by the car. I sob because I will never see Fenella again, I will never see her radiant smile or hear her laugh, I will never talk with her about her day or about her plans for the future, I will never help cheer her up when she is sad or gossip with her, I will never go on long walks with her again…I will never be able to sit with her in front of our fire…it will never be the same again.

“I sob for the future that she doesn't have because a drunken man chose to get into a car, knowing that this was a weapon that could kill someone, and indeed it did it killed my 20-year-old daughter. She was a young adult beginning her life and her bright future was taken out in a few seconds because of someone who did not think or did not care. I sob because she was so happy: she was so lovely inside and out she was so alive and now she isn't here, and never will be again. I never had a chance to say goodbye.”
Absolutely heartbreaking

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Drunk at almost 5x the limit, driving off, speeding, taking a life ... what a cnt.

Out in 4 years, way too short.

Here's the 20 year old, robbed of a life.
https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/19/mum-...fore-she-was-killed-by-drink-driver-17789705/
Then, he’s banned from driving for just 7 years. I don’t get why drivers in this country are so protected - he should never be allowed behind the wheel of a vehicle ever again. You killed someone while drunk, you can do your time in prison, but don’t expect to be allowed to drive ever again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Then, he’s banned from driving for just 7 years. I don’t get why drivers in this country are so protected - he should never be allowed behind the wheel of a vehicle ever again. You killed someone while drunk, you can do your time in prison, but don’t expect to be allowed to drive ever again.
Report says the scumbag is 68 years old. Assume he serves half of his 8 year sentence, that makes him 72 when he gets out. Then a 7 year ban. That takes him up to 79. Then a compulsory retake of the test. Nope, scumbag's highly unlikely to be ever driving again. Instead he'll be marooned in some village in the back of beyond with no public transport. Oh well. Plenty of time for scumbag to sit and rot and reflect on the terrible consequences of his actions on that poor girl and her family

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here