Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Door is closed on Bertin.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hammond was our most important player last season - FACT.
Why you are questioning him, i don't know. I mearly stated that Bertin doesn't change things that much, as we still went on a poor run with him in the team.

Amd if you're going to use a run of 1 defeat in 9 games WITH Bertin in the side, may i turn the tables and point out that there was a run of only 1 win in 12 WITH Bertin in the side.

You may point out that this suggests Hammond works better with a defensive player....but as someone else has mentioned, Bertin is not the only one of them in the footballing universe!

Don't think he was....our midfield has been crap for years

Man Utd can pick and choose from every player in the world. They can afford these 'principles'. We cannot.

Principals have no price, and it's a man poor of spirit, who will push aside his principals because of money.

If The Albion's existence was down to what it could afford - we wouldn't even have a football club.

Welcome to Brighton and Hove Albion, Mr Forster.

tata Mr Bertin.

SEEEAGUUULLS!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't get me wrong - I love the Albion, and I love the fact we're the good guys.

BUT;

A. Its easy for Man U to be oh so principled waving googbye to Stam, when they've got £30m Rio lined up as replacement. We have El abd lined up as Bertins replacement.

B. Bertin, barring a lack of courtesy, hasn't actually done anything wrong!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hammond was our most important player last season - FACT.
Why you are questioning him, i don't know. I mearly stated that Bertin doesn't change things that much, as we still went on a poor run with him in the team.

Amd if you're going to use a run of 1 defeat in 9 games WITH Bertin in the side, may i turn the tables and point out that there was a run of only 1 win in 12 WITH Bertin in the side.

You may point out that this suggests Hammond works better with a defensive player....but as someone else has mentioned, Bertin is not the only one of them in the footballing universe!

i wasn't questioning hammond! he was one of our most important players last season - a season he spent playing in the attacking midfield role. so to suggest he moves back to a more defensive role, which he was often seen doing when he was partnered with carpenter seems a bit of a backwards move

as for the run of form, you mention it was 1 win 12 - but what you fail to mention is that it was only 5 defeats in 12. just goes to prove you can often present the facts to suit your argument

and you are correct that bertin is not the only defensive midfield player in the footballing universe. but the fact that over a month has passed since his contract offer expired, and we are yet to bring in a replacement, coupled with our pretty poor record in the transfer market, suggests that he is one of the only ones who would sign for us. but hey, who needs a player who is a better defensive midfield option than we currently and who has expressed an interest in signing when we can get a replacement superstar from harrogate railway

Don't get me wrong - I love the Albion, and I love the fact we're the good guys.

BUT;

A. Its easy for Man U to be oh so principled waving googbye to Stam, when they've got £30m Rio lined up as replacement. We have El abd lined up as Bertins replacement.

B. Bertin, barring a lack of courtesy, hasn't actually done anything wrong!!

Points taken - but I think you are over-rating Bertin and under-rating the impact of his lack-of-courtesy - very-readily at the expense of a player who is putting his back into it for the club. Obviously we beg to differ totally on el-Abd. I used to have my doubts about him, but last season, in the midfield roles, imo he has excelled.

As for ManU - their money expenditures are way more than ours, but what that means to principals is meaningless. If anything, it's the big clubs that can afford to exhibit lowered principals.
For us, it should be the rock we build this club upon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here