Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dont like swearing? GET OUT THE NORTH!!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
All those getting offended by the c word, you are aware that it is mentioned at the end of one of our most popular chants at the moment, right?

By a minority maybe. I think most people manage to sing without feeling the need to add that on the end.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Most people know that the north stand is rowdy. I was surprised to see so many little kids around. Obviously there is a family stand for a reason. But just my opinion.

Im in the wsl no concessions and still some games theres kids near me. I get pretty worked up at times and let forth some truly foul mouthed tirades but the kids shouldnt be there in the first place. Fortunately im not the only one and the rest are too polite to say anything. I dont care anyway, i support the team with passion, go through all sorts of emotions during the game because i deeply care what happens on the pitch unlike some of the people round me who support premier teams. The two guys to my right, at the start vs Derby, one actually turned to the other and said, so whos manager now? The other one answers, I dont know, so i had to actually tell them :( Swear away people, nowt wrong with passion, just means youre feeling anger/frustration at that moment because you deeply care about whats happening on the pitch. If a few numptys dont like it they can either **** off entirely or take their kids to the family stand.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its not about being big its just an automatic reaction to certain emotions caused by actually caring about what happens to your team.

Oh my word, I've managed to support my team for over 50 years without once using the c word. Maybe I don't care enough? Or could it be that I have never felt the need to use such foul & abusive language ever, so when I get emotionally upset/angry, I can come out with a much milder expletive?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Oh my word, I've managed to support my team for over 50 years without once using the c word. Maybe I don't care enough? Or could it be that I have never felt the need to use such foul & abusive language ever, so when I get emotionally upset/angry, I can come out with a much milder expletive?

What he said! :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Everybody is different, I don't use the C word - but don't find it offensive. It's not like racist or homophobic terms which are genuinely offensive, the C word is only as offensive as you want it to be, by definition it just a word describing the female genitalia in a crude way - but I think people prefer to make it taboo, reserving it as an extreme vulgarity now that F*** has become so casual - I doubt anyone is GENUINELY offended by it, if they give it any thought.

You think?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I love these threads. What everyone does is paint a little picture of their expected/actual matchday experience and then try to impose it on every other person in the Stadium. Just accept that we all support the team in our own little way. Just because one person chooses not to drop the C-bomb in their life it doesn't mean everyone else has to hold the same values. Live and let live.

Personally I do a mundane Monday-Friday job in IT so I find that a little bit of extra aggression at the football is a welcome and healthy addition to my life. I enjoy swearing loudly at someone 70 meters away and singing songs about shooting pa*ace makes me look and feel HARD. If they take that pleasure away from me I'll have to make up for it somehow, probably by being RUDE to the middle aged shoppers in TESCOS. I can see myself shouting "F**K OFF YOU C**T" in the milk aisle just because someone walked in front of my trolley. Doing it at football is the lesser of two evils IMHO.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Haven't read all this thread, but had to laugh.
People get embarrassed for the kids when they hear bad language....have you heard what comes out of a school playground?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Milder? Something like oh damn it and blast? Well what a sweet choir boy you must be. Not saying it means you dont care just that in moments of stress, anger frustration many people automatically swear. Its ridiculous to moan about people doing it at a football match quite frankly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Milder? Something like oh damn it and blast? Well what a sweet choir boy you must be. Not saying it means you dont care just that in moments of stress, anger frustration many people automatically swear. Its ridiculous to moan about people doing it at a football match quite frankly

I haven't moaned or ever reported anyone for abusive language. I have pointed out that I am in the north stand, I don't hear excessive swearing in my block and don't see the need for it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Haven't read all this thread, but had to laugh.
People get embarrassed for the kids when they hear bad language....have you heard what comes out of a school playground?

This, will someone please think of the children.

Most kids will have heard it all before and if they havent then it wont be long until they do. what impact on there life is it going to make, them hearing it. if they do then the parents should make sure they teach them whats right and wrong, not tell someone not too swear around them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here