Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dont like swearing? GET OUT THE NORTH!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Part of the problem here is that the club cannot officially section of the North Stand as a rowdy and sweary stand.

Why not? There was a club officially sanctioned 'Singing Section' in the South Stand at Withdean once (started off in J block and was subsequently bounced to H block). Maybe there could be a club officially sanctioned Non Rowdy And Sweary Section, maybe with some kind of acoustic hood to protect the innocent from the realities of football crowds.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Part of the problem here is that the club cannot officially section of the North Stand as a rowdy and sweary stand. If this were to happen then people could make their choice based on the knowledge of what will go on in each stand. Maybe if the club advertised the North Stand as a foul and abusive language Traditional football experience. All the sweary Marys could go in their and the guardian reading yoghurt weavers could stick to another stand and eat their prawn sandwiches whilst rejoicing in the fact that they have more than 3 brain cells.

A large sign on the entrances to the North Stand that read "If you are offended by foul and abusive language please **** off somewhere else you ****".

This system would of course have the added bonus as the heir apparent football fans who began watching during the renaissance of the early 90's would easily be able to keep away from the working class oik throwbacks from yesteryear.

Problem solved

Strange - I don't particularly remember "foul and abusive" language being part of a "traditional football experience" - it wasn't until the 70s that I noticed it creeping into the game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I blame the refs, an inconsistent or bad one brings on a attack of Tourette's, every swear word except the c word is likely to come out.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Strange - I don't particularly remember "foul and abusive" language being part of a "traditional football experience" - it wasn't until the 70s that I noticed it creeping into the game.

lol -like there was football before the hooligans invented it in the 70's

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
What? Ive simply said if u dont like swearing get out the north as u are gonma hear it

Don't mind if you do, even in your songs, because you can;t be heard anywhere else in the ground, I think the North Stand is not a patch on the old North Stand at the Goldstone, its full of pretenders. Every game this year you have been outsung by the opposition and the turnout for Villareal was pathetic. Come lets hear what you have to say :rock:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
'Referee, oh referee, that decision wasn't good. Please do better next time' just isn't the same as 'Who's the wanker in the black'

Sitting as I do at the top of WSU, nothing I say will reach the ears of the aforementioned official, but that won't stop me reacting to the continuously poor decisions that get metered out week after week :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Working class people need to let off steam or they will revolt. As a member of the ruling class I am happy for them to swear at football if it keeps them off my lawns.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Working class people need to let off steam or they will revolt. As a member of the ruling class I am happy for them to swear at football if it keeps them off my lawns.

In a way, you've made a seriously good, important point there.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet

I didn't want to get in another discussion again about it as this is old now but you're completely right, I have to be quiet and polite every minute of my working day despite me hating most people I come across so come the weekend ill have a couple of beers and shout my mouth off and I love it!!!!!... Then come Monday polite again :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I didn't want to get in another discussion again about it as this is old now but you're completely right, I have to be quiet and polite every minute of my working day despite me hating most people I come across so come the weekend ill have a couple of beers and shout my mouth off and I love it!!!!!... Then come Monday polite again :)

Absolutely this :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here