Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donald Trump: I'd like to punch protester in the face!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Personally I love seeing a protester get punched :lolol:

I shook that hand on the stairs to dicks when he visited vs middlesboro....

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
He's comedy gold. He will never be President, so just enjoy laughing at the idiot.

My American friends are saying the momentum is changing and Trump is gaining legitimate endorsements. Many Republicans feel he is the only chance their party has to win this election. Politics makes strange bedfellows indeed.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It doesn't really matter who the Republican candidate is.

The Democrats will win the election.

I hope whoever is in,knows how to deal with the aspirations of China and Russia...and leads us not into the abyss.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hope whoever is in,knows how to deal with the aspirations of China and Russia...and leads us not into the abyss.

It's funny how much of the West Wing is comparable with the current world. The circumstances leading up to the conflict are different, but it probably won't be too long before China and Russia are having a stand off and Kazhakstan will be stuck in the middle.

One thing that doesn't tally with the West Wing, though - is the options as President. Obama is very good, but none of Trump, Cruz, Clinton or Sanders are worthy of the presidency.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Probably fed up with hearing the same old lies from the political class red or blue who seem completely disconnected from the real world and peoples everyday concerns.

A similar phenomenon is happening in Europe, people desperate for change ... any change.

Very intuitive.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
im pretty sure they didn't, with a history in unions (really) and politics from when he was in film. only retrospectively has he been ridiculed.

Reagan had been governor of California before he was president. Although, so was Schwarzeneggar.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's funny how much of the West Wing is comparable with the current world. The circumstances leading up to the conflict are different, but it probably won't be too long before China and Russia are having a stand off and Kazhakstan will be stuck in the middle.

One thing that doesn't tally with the West Wing, though - is the options as President. Obama is very good, but none of Trump, Cruz, Clinton or Sanders are worthy of the presidency.

The alternatives to Obama do not feel me with too much faith & as for Russia vs China,longer term China could pose the bigger threat to the Russians than the west..

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
"We're going to build a wall. And who's going to pay for the wall? Mexico's going to pay for the wall!"

In global foreign policy terms this is a very scary statement, all the more so on the back of his "I'll ban all Muslims from entering the USA".

This is no longer a joke, the bloke is clear frontrunner for the Republican nomination. What the HELL are Americans thinking? Trump makes George W. Bush intellectual.

The former president of Mexico, Fox, who speaks perfect English told an American news reporter "I'm not going to build that ****ing wall."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vicente-fox-trump-hitler_us_56d10f27e4b0bf0dab32445c

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Reagan appointed some good people around him and then buggered off to bed and left them to it (maybe not a strict interpretation of the facts but he was hardly a hands on 24/7 president).

Trump strikes me as the sort of guy who would interfere in everything, not listen to any advice and shoot first and ask questions afterwards. Not exactly a good template for any sort of polititian, let alone POTUS.

Having said that, I'm sure he won't get in. Even America couldn't be THAT stupid to vote him in?

Could they?

The answer seems to be more and more likely, yes.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well I hope we stop doing most things the Americans want us to do . Firstly the US should stop bombing any country they want a change of leadership in !

perhaps the Americans should do it the Russian way and annex without asking......the US does though appear to bring on situations Vietnam for example..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
To which Trump gloriously replied:-

'Now I'm gonna build it an extra 10 foot higher'.

Loathe him or hate him DT can do this, by saying nothing except cliches and catchphrases.
Crucially, Trump has an appalling grasp of English, see here:

uploadfromtaptalk1456579949641.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great piece in Rolling Stone but how and why Trump is doing so well. Quite reflective on the ills in America that make it all possible. Worth a read - long - but good.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224

Trump isn't the first rich guy to run for office. But he is the first to realize the weakness in the system, which is that the watchdogs in the political media can't resist a car wreck. The more he insults the press, the more they cover him: He's pulling 33 times as much coverage on the major networks as his next-closest GOP competitor, and twice as much as Hillary.

Trump found the flaw in the American Death Star. It doesn't know how to turn the cameras off, even when it's filming its own demise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here