[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
IMG_0062.jpeg

The Tikka Tinged Tyrants Totally Tough.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm thinking it's 50/50 whether Trump gets thrown in jail AND 51/49 whether Trump gets elected again in 2024. Biden being the 51%.
He won't go to jail. Even if he's found guilty of a crime, I can't see the judges sentencing him to do time. And if they do, it will be appealed and appealed until it's too late to lock him up.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Barr has no chance of getting another govt job unless it's with the Republicans. He thinks Trump is not good for the govt but will get defeated and if Barr wants a govt job in the future it has to be with the Republicans and if he says he voted for Biden he'll never work in the federal govt again. But voting is private so he can lie about who he voted for in the presidential election.

It's a love/hate relationship.

Trump mocks Bill Barr while thanking him for his endorsement, calling him 'gutless' and 'lazy'​

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He won't go to jail. Even if he's found guilty of a crime, I can't see the judges sentencing him to do time. And if they do, it will be appealed and appealed until it's too late to lock him up.
I suspect, apart from maybe the Stormy Daniels case, he might get a delay on the most serious charges of election interference that takes him over the line for the election - his thinking being that once elected, he can then pardon himself.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I suspect, apart from maybe the Stormy Daniels case, he might get a delay on the most serious charges of election interference that takes him over the line for the election - his thinking being that once elected, he can then pardon himself.
Yes - but if he doesn't get elected, he doesn't get a pardon. Still can't seeing him being locked up.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes - but if he doesn't get elected, he doesn't get a pardon. Still can't seeing him being locked up.
I was just saying that was his thinking behind delaying the trials - Trump believes he will get elected. Of course if he doesn’t get elected he won’t get a pardon there is not a ‘but’ in that - and I also agree that he is unlikely to be incarcerated which is why I gave your post a like.

I wasn’t disagreeing with anything you said.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Not going too well for the prosecution at the moment, they still haven’t established what crime Trump is actually being charged with. But no matter, this is NY and anything can still happen…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Death?

Bring it on!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not going too well for the prosecution at the moment, they still haven’t established what crime Trump is actually being charged with. But no matter, this is NY and anything can still happen…

The problem with that analysis is that the real crime isn't what he did (pay hush money to protect him / his campaign), but the subsequent cover up in payments and where the money came from.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, yes - I was thinking he might die before all the trials and appeals finish. Personally I hope he doesn't - as he'll avoid the ignominy and punishment due to him.
He will avoid all that because America needs him to stand up to Biden and all that support Biden is giving to Ukraine. Very bad policies and very wrong. A terrible mistake. Etc.

:shootself

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Well, yes - I was thinking he might die before all the trials and appeals finish. Personally I hope he doesn't - as he'll avoid the ignominy and punishment due to him.

and what would really be apropos would be if Melania, Baron & his other children would not be allowed to attend his funeral. Melania probably doesn't want to and his children probably no longer want the publicity & attention from the media & public after the Dumpster is gone.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Oh I think 34 counts of ‘falsifying business records in the first degree’ on the Indictment sheet gives a pretty strong indication of what he is being charged with …

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here