Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Donald Trump has announced his third bid for the US Presidency.

With two impeachments behind him and facing criminal inquiries into election-tampering, a fraud inquiry, outstanding defamation and sexual assault lawsuits, an ongoing federal investigations into his role in the attack on the Capitol building and removing classified papers from the Whitehouse, Trump is set to once again dominate the political landscape in American politics but how far will he get?

I can’t think of anyone more unqualified to be the next leader of ‘the free world’ or one that could do more damage to it than he could. So will the Republicans and ultimately the American electorate really put this man back in the Whitehouse? What will happen if they do?

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If the GOP establishment decide that DeSantis is their man things could get interesting. Either way, it's unlikely the fat orange piece of shit will win another Presidential election now that enough boomers have died off from his supporter base. And if by some miracle he does he'll be 79 when he starts his term. And he has to avoid all the law suits coming against him for what he did in his first term.

I'll eat my centenary shirt if he ever ends up as a resident in the White House again.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This was a given, considering wining the presidency is probably the only way he will…
2: keep out of jail.
1: raise funds from his campaign that can be squirrelled away.

Sometimes I think Americans and Trump deserve each other…

Then I have to remind myself about the state of this country and proportionally just as many folks voted for Boris and this clusterfeck of a party we have in charge…

Maybe a radical shake up of both political systems is in order, both sides of the pond. Trouble is that would upset the status quo and their sneaky unfair ways, no one would welcome or could afford that on all sides.

Trump is as dangerous as Putin.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Dear old, genial, senile and bewildered Joe v the pompous, narcissistic, lawsuit strewn, orange and aggressive Donald. IS THAT ALL THEY CAN COME UP WITH....!!!!!!!......GEEZ.........!!!!!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

With two impeachments behind him and facing criminal inquiries into election-tampering, a fraud inquiry, outstanding defamation and sexual assault lawsuits, an ongoing federal investigations into his role in the attack on the Capitol building and removing classified papers from the Whitehouse, Trump is set to once again dominate the political landscape in American politics but how far will he get?

I can’t think of anyone more unqualified to be the next leader of ‘the free world’ or one that could do more damage to it than he could. So will the Republicans and ultimately the American electorate really put this man back in the Whitehouse? What will happen if they do?
They'll certainly try...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Thanfully his boat has sailed. With very few exceptions all the candidates that he sponsored crashed and burned at the mid terms, Desaintis has been more successful and appears to be more popular with the average republican, Trump is going to be dragged through the courts kicking a screaming with the skeletons forming an orderly queue at the cupboard door. What will be concerning for the republicans is that they are being trashed by the younger voter which they need to win this back. Trump ain’t the man.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thanfully his boat has sailed. With very few exceptions all the candidates that he sponsored crashed and burned at the mid terms, Desaintis has been more successful and appears to be more popular with the average republican, Trump is going to be dragged through the courts kicking a screaming with the skeletons forming an orderly queue at the cupboard door. What will be concerning for the republicans is that they are being trashed by the younger voter which they need to win this back. Trump ain’t the man.
Trumpie needs to run as an independent if his nomination fail, its gods command

scooter1

How soon is now?

Sounds like he's a shoo in

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has very low ratings in swing states. He just can’t win an election now.

What he can do is cause a huge amount of damage to the GOP as he seeks to become their presidential candidate.

He could damage a rival so much that if he lost the primaries and they won, they’d not be able to win the national election as so many Trump/Republicans would refuse to back them. If Trump loses the primaries, he will blame it on election fraud and cheating within the GOP, that could be catastrophic for them.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

What he can do is cause a huge amount of damage to the GOP as he seeks to become their presidential candidate.

He could damage a rival so much that if he lost the primaries and they won, they’d not be able to win the national election as so many Trump/Republicans would refuse to back them. If Trump loses the primaries, he will blame it on election fraud and cheating within the GOP, that could be catastrophic for them.
Catastrophic, but almost poetic in its beauty, given how they've bought into and peddled the 2020 stolen election lie.

That, Alanis, would be ironic.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Whatever happens the GOP are in for a torrid time …

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As much as I'd hope to say that Trump won't ever win office again and see Trump lose badly in either the Republican leadership run or Presidential election, one thing I've learned recently is this: People make bad decisions.

The only way we see the back of Trump is if he ends up in prison or the GOP makes the call that De Sanctis is their new messiah. The problem is that Trump has large swathes of the Republican party still in his thrall. He also has a very large group of voters that back him 100% and simply will not be convinced of anything other than his God-given right to be President

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Never forget Barabas won the first really important public vote……

Is the US as ‘f***ed’ as people think?, I hope not, it does however highlight how currently fractured it is as a country if Joe Biden and Trump are the pick of the politicians 🤷‍♂️

Is De Sanctis a credible alternative?

Only time will tell.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Given how many people specifically voted against him in 2020 (rather than “for” Joe Biden), I highly doubt enough of them have gone “you know what, maybe I was wrong about the big orange fascist” to swing an election back to him.

It’s great news for the Democrats, as it feels like this is a oil which needs lancing at the top of the Republican Party and could lead to an almighty car crash. Double if he decides to stand as an independent after losing the nomination.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Given how many people specifically voted against him in 2020 (rather than “for” Joe Biden), I highly doubt enough of them have gone “you know what, maybe I was wrong about the big orange fascist” to swing an election back to him.

It’s great news for the Democrats, as it feels like this is a oil which needs lancing at the top of the Republican Party and could lead to an almighty car crash. Double if he decides to stand as an independent after losing the nomination.
Trump is such a narcissist and so think skinned, he could well stand as a independent knowing full well he could never win, but taking the view if they take me down, I'll take the rest of you down with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here