Dog homes urgent.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lush

Mods' Pet
The Dogs Trust never destroy a healthy dog because they don't take in every healthy dog.

The RSPCA will try their very best to find your dog a new home. They're not Nazis and plenty of people do go to the RSPCA for a rescue dog. But the RSPCA are a charity and can't take care of every unwanted dog. I don't know exactly how the system works but I would imagine it's a bit like bed blocking. If the centre is full of unwanted Staffies, all of which need feeding and walking, and have no chance of being rehomed, then sadly they may have to be put down so that other dogs who could be rehomed can come in. Most centres are also over-run because some people can no longer afford to keep their pets and are dumping them.

This week I heard a story of a man who brought a dog in to The Blue Cross that needed expensive vet treatment. They explained that it would usually be beyond their means, however they would make an exception - except that the dog would need to be taken to a vets some miles away because he was the only one with the skills/equipment. The man said "Don't worry. Keep it. I'll get another one."

That's what these charities are dealing with, so don't be too quick to condemn.

And please everyone think very carefully about getting a dog if your life is in any way unsettled and you may not be able to take care of them for the next decade or so.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Cool you know what we have done so well I mean spending loads on training, equipment for him had him since he was a puppy could fit in my hand. As I say every other dog the owner bread has been put down, the 2 we own are the only ones still alive so I won't accept the rubbish your spouting.

Why did you buy it then? Collie / Staffie mixes are just insane, and would never make a good dog. Surely you did your research before buying it? Or did you just want the Staffie type?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Why did you buy it then? Collie / Staffie mixes are just insane, and would never make a good dog. Surely you did your research before buying it? Or did you just want the Staffie type?

Considering he looks nothing like a staffie that would be a no then. Well I was not living here when we got him, where now looking at moving, his a completely different dog now currently at kennels surrounded by dogs and apparently is loving it.

Right now we are going to move before we re home. As for insane mix he was my partner fell in love when she see him.

Was not till about a year when family history was fully known and found out they were inbread hence why owner was forced to get them done so she simply couldnt bread dogs any more

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I am fuming the people that gave goo back who said they where not ready for a dog, and scared there child now has another dog from a rehoming centre.

So less than 2 weeks after saying where not ready for a dog, it's far to demanding for them with a 1 year old they have another just better hope it don't bark I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports