Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog homes urgent.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Whoever let a Staffy breed with a Border Collie needs a slap.

Agreed the owner took 3 years to get them done after constant request from vet. Every one of there litters has been put down but ours due to there hardwork it's not the dogs fault there like they are it's the breeders.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
My dog was rehomed but has now come back due to new owner now not wanting a dog and a 1 year old, the baby cries when the dog barks :ffsparr:

So we urgently need to find the dog a new home, he is a staff/border collie cross is long haired and very hansom, but he cant be around other animals due to a fear of them, we also would rather he went to a home with no children not due to worrys we have but due to issues like we have today, he needs a bit of work due to his cross bread and walks. We have a dog trainer willing to work with the new owners also, but for us really time has run out now, his 4 years old.

This is a picture of him.

We love him to bits, but we really cant do it, we have spent alot of money on the trainer and it was working, but we also have his brother here who belongs to another person that lives in our house, and they simply spark of each other and we dont want that round the baby, the other dog is as good as gold, but sadly Goo needs some work and we have run out of time, RSPCA has said they will take him but we have been told that due to his requirements his likely not to be re-homed and would be put down by them. But sadly Dogs trust are full up at the moment and wont take him.

Any one knows any good dog homes, or if anyone would be interested the dog trainer thinks someone with a good bit of land would be perfect for him, he just loves to run and be outside. :cheers:

When you get a dog it should be for life not just as long as all is tikedy boo,do you realise the stress the poor animal suffers each time you rehome him.Keep the dog sort out his issues or be ashamed of yourself

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
When you get a dog it should be for life not just as long as all is tikedy boo,do you realise the stress the poor animal suffers each time you rehome him.Keep the dog sort out his issues or be ashamed of yourself

Wow you really are a plum.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Complete bollocks mentioned the words staffy they said no. So they don't put them down they just won't touch them

I was at the Dogs Trust place in Shoreham a few weeks ago, and they had all sorts there, not all of them were "cuddly" - I don't think they turn down anything.

Of no real relevence, but I grew up at that kennels - when it was a boarding kennels before it was DT, my parents owned and built it. I would love to have a dog now, but I have two cats and I'm out of the house at work for about 14 hours a day.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Collies are nuts, ours will come running from wherever he is in the house if you open ONE paticular drawer in the kitchen, and stand there staring at it until it's closed, very bizzare!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
How true.....

"oh we love him to bits but......" How many times have I heard that.

Morons really, we have been told by a pro dog trainer he can't be in this house with our other dog, he won't be taught on things with the other dog here and at the end of the day I'm doing the right thing as if he had a fight with his brother around my son and he got hurt, I wouldn't forgive myself. Spent hundreds and hundreds of pounds, and his been accepted with the RSPCA but we know he will be put down, so if we really didn't give a toss we would just ship him there, we wouldn't be vetting new owners making sure there ok for him.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Morons really, we have been told by a pro dog trainer he can't be in this house with our other dog, he won't be taught on things with the other dog here and at the end of the day I'm doing the right thing as if he thought his brother around my son and he got hurt, I wouldn't forgive myself. Spent hundreds and hundreds of pounds, and his been accepted with the RSPCA but we know he will be put down, so if we really didn't give a toss we would just ship him there, we wouldn't be vetting new owners making sure there ok for him.

Whatever just revert to childish name calling. I have rehomed three so far and one - a Shepherd bit three people and was murder around both people & dogs. However with patence and dedication he is now he is the most caring loving gentle dog I think I have ever had the honour of taking care of. Oh and we had other dogs around at the time both in our house and in neibouring properties. Maybe we should have just looked for excuses too......

Not thought of training him off site without the distraction of the other dog? You clearly did not think it through when you got him. Disposable society?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Whatever just revert to childish name calling. I have rehomed three so far and one - a Shepherd bit three people and was murder around both people & dogs. However with patence and dedication he is now he is the most caring loving gentle dog I think I have ever had the honour of taking care of. Oh and we had other dogs around at the time both in our house and in neibouring properties. Maybe we should have just looked for excuses too......

Not thought of training him off site without the distraction of the other dog? You clearly did not think it through when you got him. Disposable society?

Cool you know what we have done so well I mean spending loads on training, equipment for him had him since he was a puppy could fit in my hand. As I say every other dog the owner bread has been put down, the 2 we own are the only ones still alive so I won't accept the rubbish your spouting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here