Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Brighton have a football hooligan firm

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Remember that game. Loads of Brighton in the home end that day. It was the Arthur Waite that palace fans used back then as the home end. Brighton fans in the seats above as well as in amongst them. Also remember being questioned on the coach about the stabbing.

Everyone was questioned, plus everyone had their names and addresses taken.

Jan 30, 2008
not heard that one before , mind you my first experience of an away day with the Mid Sussex crowd was Palace on boxing day in 1983, when a certain BH resident now of Worthing went to Selhurst the week before and bought 100 tickets in the home end for the two coach loads that went. I don't think many saw the whole game . Never forget a certain Ian B from HH giving his name to a copper as 'Stanley Blade' ,much to the amusement of those around him on the coach, when we all had to give our details after a palace fan was knifed after the game
Not the first time you've had to give your details:whistle:
regards
DR

not heard that one before , mind you my first experience of an away day with the Mid Sussex crowd was Palace on boxing day in 1983, when a certain BH resident now of Worthing went to Selhurst the week before and bought 100 tickets in the home end for the two coach loads that went. I don't think many saw the whole game . Never forget a certain Ian B from HH giving his name to a copper as 'Stanley Blade' ,much to the amusement of those around him on the coach, when we all had to give our details after a palace fan was knifed after the game

I recall we all had discount vouchers for cheap seats in the aw thanks to our local palace chum,barely got through the turnstiles before it kicked:rolleyes:

Jan 30, 2008
I recall we all had discount vouchers for cheap seats in the aw thanks to our local palace chum,barely got through the turnstiles before it kicked:rolleyes:
on the flip side of the coin, were you present at the pre season friendly at Palace when clive and his Palace mob got in the away pen ,then afterwards at East croydon station they tried to get up the ramps where Brighton were on the platform???
regards
DR

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania

I don't recall the discount vouchers ,but you are correct about us barely getting through the turnstiles before it all kicked off , the lad who I sat with on the coach lasted all of 20 seconds before getting ejected !

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
on the flip side of the coin, were you present at the pre season friendly at Palace when clive and his Palace mob got in the away pen ,then afterwards at East croydon station they tried to get up the ramps where Brighton were on the platform???
regards
DR
I was at that one,the only chance of playing them that season. Came in during the first half if it's the same game you were thinking.

Jan 30, 2008
I was at that one,the only chance of playing them that season. Came in during the first half if it's the same game you were thinking.
Memorys a bit vague but I'm sure it was just before KO I was up by the tea hut when they came in ,didn't take long before it became obvious who they were:wrong:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here