Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone still think Capello is the man for the Job ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
James (Carson 46), Johnson, Terry, Upson, Bridge, Wright-Phillips (Crouch 90), Carrick, Barry, Downing, Defoe (Bent 46), Agbonlahor (Young 77).

Thats the team that beat Germany, I think this says a lot.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well you of all people have known my views on Terry's positional play and lack of pace for a while, shame it came true.

Ditto, Shame he has taken it to another level by being a ****.

I wonder what those who are defending him thought of Leon Knight?

Gareth Southgate just summed it up quite well on ITV, its time we blamed the players and not the manager.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Ditto, Shame he has taken it to another level by being a ****.

I wonder what those who are defending him thought of Leon Knight?

Gareth Southgate just summed it up quite well on ITV, its time we blamed the players and not the manager.

The players have failed time and again. In an odd way keeping the manager means he can rebuild, we flopped in Euro 88, yet Robson was kept and we got to the semi's of Italia 90.

Wonder what the history of this general squad would have been if one of Scholes or Beckham had clatterd Rivaldo on the half way line in 2002?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The players have failed time and again. In an odd way keeping the manager means he can rebuild, we flopped in Euro 88, yet Robson was kept and we got to the semi's of Italia 90.

Wonder what the history of this general squad would have been if one of Scholes or Beckham had clatterd Rivaldo on the half way line in 2002?

I want him to stay as I believe he can take us forward, I think if he does stay we wont see have the team that started.

And went up in my estimations.

Obviously, the Fa have to take much of the blame for the long-term problem, alongside the Premiership, but on a match-by-match basis the players must take the blame. Nobody could make this lot into a good team. Mind you, there is an argument that Capello (forced into a short-termist approach) should have been playing and developing the younger generation when first appointed.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I want him to stay as I believe he can take us forward, I think if he does stay we wont see have the team that started.

You have to hope a few of them retired, it makes things less messy.

If this Under 17 side is as good as suggested, there is going to be a bit of an interim period, but actually Rooney is still young and there are a few others that in theory should get better (mainly the Villa ones).

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
And went up in my estimations.

Obviously, the Fa have to take much of the blame for the long-term problem, alongside the Premiership, but on a match-by-match basis the players must take the blame. Nobody could make this lot into a good team. Mind you, there is an argument that Capello (forced into a short-termist approach) should have been playing and developing the younger generation when first appointed.

But this is part of the issue, there is not a younger generation, if you look at the players in the current 19-25 age group, with the exception of Rooney, there are not many that are better than what was taken to the World Cup.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You have to hope a few of them retired, it makes things less messy.

If this Under 17 side is as good as suggested, there is going to be a bit of an interim period, but actually Rooney is still young and there are a few others that in theory should get better (mainly the Villa ones).

I hope they dont and are shown up.

I dont see why the core of the Villa and spurs cant make up the England squad.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But this is part of the issue, there is not a younger generation, if you look at the players in the current 19-25 age group, with the exception of Rooney, there are not many that are better than what was taken to the World Cup.

Is it better to me more skilled with a worse attitude or less skilled with a better attitude?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I hope they dont and are shown up.

I dont see why the core of the Villa and spurs cant make up the England squad.

The issue is Ashley Young, the one with the long name, Dawson, Lennon, Curtis Davies, Huddlestone and however else do need to step to another level, they have all flattered to deceive a bit in the last 18 months.

Would also help in Wenger would either flog his English players or actually pick them on a regular basis.

larus

That would be the Mourinho who claimed, when he left Chelsea, that John Terry had told the Chelsea board that he (Mourinho) had lost the support of the players.

So, you think the way to create more harmony between manager and playing staff is to appoint a manager who's only experience of English football resulted in a complete breakdown of relations between players and manager? Brilliant.

Hmm, and what's the connection there then.....

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
capello was never the man for the job and never will be.

too many think that as he did well with a club or two in italy he would do well here.

rednapp is the only man.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The issue is Ashley Young, the one with the long name, Dawson, Lennon, Curtis Davies, Huddlestone and however else do need to step to another level, they have all flattered to deceive a bit in the last 18 months.

Would also help in Wenger would either flog his English players or actually pick them on a regular basis.

We have tried using the so called golden generation, why dont we try a different approach.

2 years of friendlies and qualifiers and they may just mould into a team.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
We have tried using the so called golden generation, why dont we try a different approach.

2 years of friendlies and qualifiers and they may just mould into a team.

I think the core of his side needs to be sidelined, but whether you remove 8 of them now or get rid of a few and then phase the others out slowly is the issues.

However Cappelo has to have a free reign to do this, no interferrence from Bevington, Brooking etc.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He might go, but there's no one better to take over the job. he's a quality manager who wants his side to close the opposition down. To infringe their freedom of expression. but the players didn't have the wit and wherewithal to really follow such orders.
He's very much the right man for the job and should be given both more time in the role and ore time with the players through the season in order to drill into them the importance of denying space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here