Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone still think Capello is the man for the Job ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It was going wrong before the World Cup wasnt it. I mean the final 3 friendles we were woeful too.

Im wondering if the Terry/Bridge thing split the camp more than we think ?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Croatia are poor...ranked 10 maybe...but the rankings are bollox we know that

The managed to finish 3RD ! in the group behind Russia ....who then lost over 2 LEGS to the might of Greece who were appalling at this world cup.

Croatia are NOT a good side or a top Footballing nation.

:US::US:

Croatia failed to get out of the group BECAUSE of the heavy defeats to us. Ukraine played us when we had already got through so their 1-0 defeat of us was fairly inevitable.

As for them being "poor" - how exactly is a side ranked 10th out of about 150 teams "poor" exactly? Thats one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Croatia were brilliant in Euro 08 qualifying and in the Euros I think. They had the same team and we destroyed them twice. I was at the Wembley game - the best football i've ever seen in my life came from England that night. If any others on here had have been there (particularly those that are so negative) it would hopefully have changed their views a little. Seeing it live is so much different than on the TV... That's why everyone rates / rated Capello so highly - because he did have us playing so well... It's baffling.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
:US::US:

Croatia failed to get out of the group BECAUSE of the heavy defeats to us. Ukraine played us when we had already got through so their 1-0 defeat of us was fairly inevitable.

As for them being "poor" - how exactly is a side ranked 10th out of about 150 teams "poor" exactly? Thats one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

Just because thwey are 10th dosent mean they are any good.
Greece are 11th i think !

Come on..your telling me they are the 10th and 11th best sides in the world ?

the rankings mean nothing...christ were 7th ! and on current form we should be 50th.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Croatia were brilliant in Euro 08 qualifying and in the Euros I think. They had the same team and we destroyed them twice. I was at the Wembley game - the best football i've ever seen in my life came from England that night. If any others on here had have been there (particularly those that are so negative) it would hopefully have changed their views a little. Seeing it live is so much different than on the TV... That's why everyone rates / rated Capello so highly - because he did have us playing so well... It's baffling.

Agreed we played well in those games. But they were qualifying games, i still thnk Croatia are not a great side though.

And the man that did all the damage was then left out of the sqaud !

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Probably because Lampard dosent play the same role as he does for Chelsea.

Terry was absolutely right to come out with what he did, he knew the camp was a shambles and was trying to get it sorted before it was too late.
Shame the others were not brave enough to come out with it also.
Probably felt going to Capello would have been a waste of time so had o go public.

Hang on, Terry said what he did and then got no backing from his team mates. Suggests Terry was stirring things and yet the team backed the manager. Maybe get rid of the disruptive influence once and for all and things pick up.

I think the FA will (wrongly) sack him, and I just don't know who you'd get to replace him. Hodgson would have been my choice but now looks likely to be named the new Liverpool boss imminently. Due to the lack of alternatives I'd go with Stuart Pearce.

Skybet odds;

Redknapp 7/4
Hodgson 11/4
O'Neill 11/2
Pearce 15/2
Allardyce 10/1
Beckham 10/1
Lippi 16/1
Hiddink 16/1
Rijkaard 20/1
Hughes 20/1
Moyes 20/1
Scolari 20/1
Wenger 25/1
Mourinho 25/1
Bruce 25/1
Ferguson 40/1
Zola 66/1

England Specials Next Permanent Manager Betting Odds | Football Specials Betting

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
the rankings mean nothing...christ were 7th ! and on current form we should be 50th.
We at least made it to the last 16 and got beaten by a team ranked above us - how does that make us 50th best? Bit of over-reaction methinks. The only real surprise was the draw with Algeria. We beat one team ranked 17 places below us and drew with one ranked 6 places below us. The fifa rankings have usually been shit in the past but in terms of our results they weren't really that far out.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I think the FA will (wrongly) sack him, and I just don't know who you'd get to replace him. Hodgson would have been my choice but now looks likely to be named the new Liverpool boss imminently. Due to the lack of alternatives I'd go with Stuart Pearce.

Skybet odds;

Redknapp 7/4
Hodgson 11/4
O'Neill 11/2
Pearce 15/2
Allardyce 10/1
Beckham 10/1
Lippi 16/1
Hiddink 16/1
Rijkaard 20/1
Hughes 20/1
Moyes 20/1
Scolari 20/1
Wenger 25/1
Mourinho 25/1
Bruce 25/1
Ferguson 40/1
Zola 66/1

England Specials Next Permanent Manager Betting Odds | Football Specials Betting
You would seriously rather have Stuart Pearce than Fabio Capello managing England? I'd be careful what you wish for if I were you....

You would seriously rather have Stuart Pearce than Fabio Capello managing England? I'd be careful what you wish for if I were you....

Err, no.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
How is Hiddink 16-1 if he has just signed for Turkey ?
Now i know contracts are worth f*** all....but seriously hes an honourbale man.

Having said that i would take him happily.
Proven international manager.

Then list does not look great granted !

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The media are chucking in all sorts of stupid names. David Beckham being the most ridiculous.

Why?

Maradona has little or no management experience and I think the Argies are really strong!

For me it all depends on what Cappello's ideas are going forward and what changes he wil make.

Not interested with the players, they are all a waste of space anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here