Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here think Trump is a safe bet for Pres?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the polls are currently under-estimating the shy Trump vote, the same as they did for the shy leave vote, and the shy Tory vote.

A lot of Americans will secretly agree with a lot of what Trump says and vote accordingly. And Hilary is completely bonkers and clearly a front woman for the old guard/establishment. Trump, for all of his failings, is at least his own man.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I watched their debate in a bar with the sound down. Whenever they showed them on split screen, Trump looked like an 8 year old child having a tantrum.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the polls are currently under-estimating the shy Trump vote, the same as they did for the shy leave vote, and the shy Tory vote.

A lot of Americans will secretly agree with a lot of what Trump says and vote accordingly. And Hilary is completely bonkers and clearly a front woman for the old guard/establishment. Trump, for all of his failings, is at least his own man.

Meet the Trumpettes:-

"we finally have this God that's going to come down and help us all".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

shy Trump vote? shy American Republicans? not sure about that line, cant really see those that agree with him would be quiet about it, his views are a long way from middle of the road. if there is a shy vote it'll be those that are ashamed of his views but will vote tribally. a similar case for shy Hillary voters, those that cant bring themselves to vote for her or Democrat but may vote against Trump. or just abstain, i expect turn out to be low.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Trump is not his own man. He is in hock to his financial paymasters. His tax returns would reveal ( which oligarchs / who) they are.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Well after spending time in a America, I think Trump will win.

Clinton's campagain remind more of our last GE and Britex.

All the do is bash the other side, without offering anything themselves. I think that is why remain lost Britex, and why Labour lost the GE.

Can see the same happening Stateside.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Clinton's campagain remind more of our last GE and Britex.

All the do is bash the other side, without offering anything themselves. I think that is why remain lost Britex, and why Labour lost the GE.

isnt that the same as Trump? has nothing positive and no real policy beyond "build a wall" and "bring back American jobs". he knows more about building walls and bringing back American jobs than anyone else, so thats OK.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Having studied it for many years I think I am well versed in it

You need to study harder. Either you are saying one thing and doing another and had the post hidden or some mod does not share your views or is covering for you. Either way if you want to repeat it I'll screen cap it.

I wouldn't vote for Trump to be my Parish Councillor - he's a complete prehistoric nutcase on a power trip and if asking the terminally ill to vote for him was his attempt at humour then he's one sick person.

His attitude towards women is astonishing and I'm sure wife no. 3 won't be the last.

He hasn't got any clue about world politics or diplomacy and his business acumen is built on a foundation of immoral ethics where he's happy to screw his suppliers, make billions, avoid taxes, go into bankruptcy and start over - all this from having started with the enormous help of his Dad - nepotism rules!!

Hillary may have many faults but when it comes to choosing between the 2 there isn't a serious choice - now if it was Donald Duck she was up against at least he might have some credibility :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This could finally be the thing that screws him with so many of his own party now saying they wont vote for him. Probably wishful thinking though. :shootself
Even the word 'probably' is wishful thinking.

Very Jimmy Savile.:sick:
Wow The Donald has a massive chair that has loads of compartments with cool stuff in.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This election is so depressing. When Hillary Clinton is claiming the moral high ground on anything then you know it's all a mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here