Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Vicente to sign for another year?

Happy for Vicente to stay?

• Yes

Votes: 244 71.3%
  • No

Votes: 98 28.7%

• Total voters

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Some of the comments on this thread are just plain weird and a little simplistic.
1. Who would you suggest we get in to replace him must be the same position, cost less money and be a better player to justify the negative comments, go on name 1?
2. The financial situation is far more complicated than some are stating, I dont know but as a for instance maybe having Vicente in the squad allows us to raise the price of the exec boxes or helps the shirt deal with Amex, as a marketable brand having the likes of Vicente on the books can be money maker as much as a loss.
3. If watching him play does not excite you maybe football is the wrong game, yes i know its not as many games as we want but god it is a pleasure watching him play.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No way. A total waste of money as he rarely plays, and makes the team less balanced when he does.

The only option should be a pay per play deal.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
If he is happy to stay then YES. He will make a huge impact in the run in.
Pay per play is a stupid idea, He wouldn't consider it and neither would BHAFC.
Knowing his injurys etc. we signed him on for another year and we can do it again.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
When you say he is "one of the greatest players" it implies that there are others you have seen of the same standard. Who are you putting in this bracket? Surely not Robert Codner?

Born in 85, so I can't compare him to some of our past greats. He's the best player I've ever seen in the stripes by far.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Tricky one, he's very good to watch given the right kind of game, where teams come to play and give us a bit of room but teams like Charlton come to battle it out and some of those Spanish guys, while undeniably skillful do look a little lightweight in midfield when the tackles are flying, in the tough games the more muscular Bridcutt/Kaz etc are better bets but probably keep him (at the right price) for the 10/12 games that will suit his style.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Agree with the other 44. Never plays.
Name rarely chanted now.

It all sounded very promising to begin with.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Yes, regardless of all the moans and groans. On his day there is no better player.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
No thanks, great player but when he plays it seems to be the 'Vicente Show' which although does bring some very high points in individual skill it rarely impacts on the team in a positive way.

Who has had the greatest effect on the team this year, is it Vicente ? No..... So while without doubt our most skilful player he isn't our best player.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If you voted no you either need, or have already had, a LOBOTOMY.

The most thrilling player we have. He's just a JOY to watch. I'll dig out our results with and without him in a moment, but don't CARE about what they show.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Here you go.

W
D
L
Win %
PPG
With Vicente
Without Vicente

(That's attributing points to cup games too, just for the hell of it)

So we perform better without him? MARGINALLY. I don't care. The price you pay for FLAIR.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Could we not just give him a 10 game contract starting in March and finishing at the end of the season? That seems like it would work for everyone. He can spend June-March sat on the beach in Spain and come back to fire us into the Champions League.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
My understanding is that Vicente is on a low basic wage, but good appearance money, so it's a YES from me.

If that IS the case then I want him to stay BUT,if not then wages of +/- 10K seem like would be better spent on someone else, fantastically gifted though he is. (albeit sporadically)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here