Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I disagree, I think the management expected to put a side together that incorporated a number 10 however since we have been playing with a foil for Murray and that is working so we should expect to play the same way throughout the season. I'm hoping for another striker

What sort of player do you think Baldock is, out of interest?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I voted yes but only if the club can get the player they want. I think TB will pay over the odds but he's not stupid.

As to selling our best players, didn't you notice him knocking back offers for Stephens in the summer even though he has no value come June. I expect any player asking for a move will be told that if we don't go up then they will not stand in their way come the summer, but YOU ARE GOING NOWHERE IN JANUARY.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I am struggling to think of players that fit the bill as a No 10. Is Chubba Akpom in Arsenals immediate plans this season?

Currently out injured with a back injury, not expected to be back in training until January.

el punal

No I dont as I think they will consider we are covered with the 3 we have . My bigger concern is that Newcastle sell Lascelles to Chelsea for the reputed £18m and they then spend the money on Dunk and Knockhaert with TB cashing in having Goldson and March as replacements. But I do really hope not.

If that were the case then Tony Bloom would have done that in August. The statement of intent is that we keep all our valuable players to concentrate on gaining promotion - which, should we be successful, would be a much more lucrative option.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What sort of player do you think Baldock is, out of interest?

Baldock is a number 9 A pacey striker who stretches defences (Owen) A number 10 is a deeper lying attacker who drops into the hole between midfield and attack and is used to help the lone striker when we attack and also fill in the midfield to become a 5 when we loose possession (Rooney pre last season)

However I may have misunderstood the role that Pritchard would have played

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
I thought that I read that they worked together and then split and went their own ways after a fall out. At the time I thought it was as an employee of TB and left to start his own company. Either way he is unlikely to want to sell his best players to us any more than TB would sell ours to him.

The loan of Marvin Emnes (3 goals in 8 games) at Blackburn expires January what about a bid to Swansea for him. On transfer market he is valued at £850k

He's Dutch, and you know how every Dutch player bar Kuipers and probably Hans Kraay fared here....

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Baldock is a number 9 A pacey striker who stretches defences (Owen) A number 10 is a deeper lying attacker who drops into the hole between midfield and attack and is used to help the lone striker when we attack and also fill in the midfield to become a 5 when we loose possession (Rooney pre last season)

However I may have misunderstood the role that Pritchard would have played

So what's a number 11? I always thought the number 10 was the deep playing centre forward who plays with his back to goal whilst the number 11 plays off the number 10's shoulder, running on to flick on's or relying on being played through?

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
So what's a number 11? I always thought the number 10 was the deep playing centre forward who plays with his back to goal whilst the number 11 plays off the number 10's shoulder, running on to flick on's or relying on being played through?

This is not the sort of player that Pritchard is. He is an advanced central midfielder who chips in with goals (Dele Ali) that to me is a number 10. Your idea of a number 11 is more like Baldock who I would consider a number 9.

Number 11, left winger

Does playing with your back to goal for 90 minutes not limit your running speed and lead to the only goal chances being back heels ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If it is to be a loan from a Premier club Jordan Rhodes fits the bill well but he has played in their last four games, not scored but either started or came on as a sub .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not that we could afford him but the kind of player we need is a Henri Lansbury type. I am sure that Pritchard would have filled that role irrespective of his display for Norwich. Do Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea not have a similar player in the U 23s who needs games to push on?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Not that we could afford him but the kind of player we need is a Henri Lansbury type. I am sure that Pritchard would have filled that role irrespective of his display for Norwich. Do Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea not have a similar player in the U 23s who needs games to push on?

Pritchard definitely hasn't shown that he is worth the price tag yet though. Arsenal have Jeff Reine-Adelaide who is a promising youngster, but I think he's more of a winger than a striker.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Brentford might sell Hogan, but not to Brighton. Tony Bloom fell out with their chairman & they dislike each other intently.

apologies for being a nosy blighter, but; details?

aah, soz, just read on

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here