Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They will try very, very hard indeed. Fo'sure.

In tease mode?
There's one sentence in this post which is blindingly obvious. There's another (pseudo-)sentence that might reveal where we're looking. That's how I'll read it until clearly informed otherwise.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oliver Burke

FFS perseus. Even by your standards that's daft.

The Oliver Burke that RBL paid £14million for about 6 weeks ago, who has seriously impressed in his early Bundesliga outings, and who is not going anywhere? The Oliver Burke who having played for Forest and RBL already this season, couldn't sign for us anyway?

What's Will Buckley up to?

FFS perseus. Even by your standards that's daft.

The Oliver Burke that RBL paid £14million for about 6 weeks ago, who has seriously impressed in his early Bundesliga outings, and who is not going anywhere? The Oliver Burke who having played for Forest and RBL already this season, couldn't sign for us anyway?

What's Will Buckley up to?

I just thought it was his standard stupidity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Betting/Gambling company rival

I thought that I read that they worked together and then split and went their own ways after a fall out. At the time I thought it was as an employee of TB and left to start his own company. Either way he is unlikely to want to sell his best players to us any more than TB would sell ours to him.

The loan of Marvin Emnes (3 goals in 8 games) at Blackburn expires January what about a bid to Swansea for him. On transfer market he is valued at £850k

Last edited:

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I thought that I read that they worked together and then split and went their own ways after a fall out. At the time I thought it was as an employee of TB and left to start his own company. Either way he is unlikely to want to sell his best players to us any more than TB would sell ours to him.

The loan of Marvin Emnes (3 goals in 8 games) at Blackburn expires January what about a bid to Swansea for him. On transfer market he is valued at £850k

Not a big fan of Emnes personally. His best season was at Boro' when he scored 18 goals in all competitions from 48 appearances. Not that impressive. Although his three goals at Blackburn from eight games is reasonable good. You'd hope he'd be able to improve on that if he was at Brighton due to the quality of service he'd get from Knockaert, Skalak et al.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The choice is very thin on the ground in the UK so think it will be Johnny Foreigner if anybody.

Emnes 18 in 48 = 37.5% which you think is poor. But 3 in 8 = 37.5% which is ok???

Last edited:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
No I dont as I think they will consider we are covered with the 3 we have . My bigger concern is that Newcastle sell Lascelles to Chelsea for the reputed £18m and they then spend the money on Dunk and Knockhaert with TB cashing in having Goldson and March as replacements. But I do really hope not.

I just don't see that happening, having knocked back the bids in the summer, I cannot see us selling at any price to our rivals at Christmas particularly the way the table is shaping up. If we don't get promoted this season, Dunk, Knockaert , stephens will all be gone....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I'd say Emnes is a good call. always liked him when I saw him play.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
I would love to say yes but I think the answer is no. Prices are inflated in January and clubs very reluctant to sell.

We may have some lined up lower league or abroad but, i cannot see many clubs selling their strikers, that we need to boost us to the promise land.

Just out of curiosity though, who would you like us to sign ( sensible answers please).

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
The choice is very thin on the ground in the UK so think it will be Johnny Foreigner if anybody.

Emnes 18 in 48 = 37.5% which you think is poor. But 3 in 8 = 37.5% which is ok???

Short term figures can sometimes not fairly represent the long term, so 3 in 8 is a less reliable figure than 18 in 48. Also, 18 in 48 was his BEST ever goal scoring season.

Plus, in theory, he would've been receiving a better quality of service at Boro than he is at Blackburn. Blackburn have only scored 15 goals in 15 games. So in my opinion his record at Blackburn looks better than his record at Boro, despite mathematically both being the same.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They co-owned a company, but I don't know why they fell out.

That was the connection then. I was reasonably sure I read that the chap left to form his own company in competition with TB but I wouldnt argue as either way they dislike each other and are unlikely to do business with each other, even at a silly price for Hogan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leo on loan must be possible even if he is "the same" as Murray and Hemed.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We missed out on a number 10 (Pritchard) so I imagine we'll be looking to strengthen there,

I disagree, I think the management expected to put a side together that incorporated a number 10 however since we have been playing with a foil for Murray and that is working so we should expect to play the same way throughout the season. I'm hoping for another striker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here